Oxygen Not Included

you know the game auto-saves every night right you could reload

1 Like

Nah Iā€™ve been thinking about restarting.

2 Likes

Thats me as well. im at cycle 130 with Wyvernā€™s World but im seriously thinking about restarting, just so i can do things better

2 Likes

I wanna start as well but need an easier world
I are a nooooooooooooooooooooooblet

2 Likes

You are getting much further than me. Iā€™ve never ventured past the bubble.

However I may take a bit of a break from ONI because thereā€™s so many games to play.

3 Likes

Oxygen Not Included is officially out of early access.

Today is the day!

The fridges are full and the toilets are empty, the pipes are plumbed and the powerā€™s been generatedā€¦ plus thereā€™s hardly any pee on the floor at all! That can only mean one thing; the time has finally come to open the bunker doors and invite everyone in to see the glorious machine weā€™ve created!

Oxygen Not Included has officially left Early Access, and weā€™re ready to let everyone come see what weā€™ve been working on these last 5 years!

So what have we been working on all this time, anyway?

Oxygen Not Included is a space colony simulation game where you oversee your Duplicants (aka, lovable 3D printed clones) as they attempt to overcome the harsh conditions of deep space. Master advanced science and technology, capture and tame strange new lifeforms, and plan your base with expert efficiency so that you and your colony may surviveā€¦ and even, possibly, thrive.

The game has come a long way since it went into Alpha in February 2017. We started with a game that had little more than a few Duplicants and some pipes full of cold water. Since then weā€™ve added oil biomes and automation, Duplicant skill progression and tubes to zip around in, critter ranching and breeding, and more features than could possibly be named. Now Duplicants can even break through the surface of their rocky home and escape away into spaceā€¦ with your guidance, of course.

The adventureā€™s not over yet, either. Weā€™ll continue fixing bugs and balance after launch, so please keep sending your feedback and reports! We also have more we want to do with the game in the future, so keep an eye out for announcements.

Itā€™s been an intense but delightful ride and we couldnā€™t have gotten here without the support of all of you from this awesome community. The whole team would like to thank you for your comments and support, your bug reports and your discussions, your insane machines and your beautiful stories.

Please, enjoy Oxygen Not Included! This Mushbarā€™s on me.

4 Likes

Really like the care packages you can get now. Got a oxygen fern early to use up all that carbon dioxide :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So, @Slinx and I are late to the partyā€¦ I picked up Oxygen Not Included sometime last week, and canā€™t put it down. The mix of base building and engineering problem solving really works for me, and who doesnā€™t like Kleiā€™s art style?!

Iā€™m busy with my second colony, but their currently dying at a rapid rate from starvation. Iā€™ll probably restart soon, in order to build better farms earlier.

Anyone else still playing?

3 Likes

I decided to start a new colony when I saw you playing. They seem to have redone the research tree slightly.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing since the very early access days. Picked it up again after the 1.0 release.
Theyā€™ve made TONS of changes to the gameplay.

@Avatar, I happened to see you got the 20 duplicant achievement, I made this mistake early on :grinning: I keep my dupe count as low as possible now. My current colony is 400+ days old with only 12 dupes.
Less mouths to feed (food and oxygen).

Temperature management used to be the biggest killer of colonies for me, you have to plan around managing heat from a very early stage.

I really like how the different starting worlds change up the gameplay completely, Iā€™m on an ocean world, salt water everywhere and not a drop to drink.

Iā€™m still figuring out how to do the space stuff, and I have yet to buy the space DLC thing, Iā€™m not entirely sure what it does yet, havenā€™t looked into it.

3 Likes

I realized that I was setting myself up for failure as I was doing it, but by that point I had learned what I could from that colony, and already knew I was going to write it off, so I decided to go for two achievements - 20 dupes and 100 days. Made 100 days last night, so now I can scrap and try again!

3 Likes

Ah okay. And 100 cycles after such a short time playing is pretty good.

I get too excited about this game sometimes :rofl:

Would be keen to jump on a seeded world if people are still playing.

1 Like

I donā€™t have enough experience to tell which worlds are good or bad or horrible or a cakewalk, would you find us a seed? Iā€™ve convinced/conscripted/led astray another friend that jumps on Discord with me when we play, Iā€™ll throw an invite that way as well.

2 Likes

Itā€™s on my wishlist, but Iā€™m dumb. Donā€™t make me buy this just because all the cool kids are playing it. I already donā€™t have time :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Itā€™s a good game. Can definitely recommend it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Im busy with a new colony, only on cycle 56 though, but doing decent I think , I lovevthe new updates

1 Like

And on half price sale for another 23 hours still! Best you grab it while you still can @Dragonic - might be the last time itā€™s ever on sale. :grinning:

1 Like

Started a frozen world seed, come freeze to death with me :stuck_out_tongue:
S-FRZ-465173702-0

3 Likes

Damn, must get back into this! Havenā€™t played in a good few updates.

Must also get Rimworld as a result of this game.

3 Likes

mmmm you guys are making me want to play this againā€¦

3 Likes