Petrolheads / Electroheads / Motorheads

Watch this! So damn amazing!

2 Likes
5 Likes

That’s pretty crazy.

The team got the car back in the race after using all the duct tape they could find.

6 Likes

I love enduro racing - just for the ingenious ways duct tape can be used

3 Likes

I really enjoyed watching this race over the weekend.

It had tight racing, big crashes, comedy, and heartbreak. All on my favourite race track

2 Likes

Managed to rescue a set of fully electric really hard to find original s3 recaro’s (for a ridiculously low price). initially i almost passed on it cause they weigh about 50kg’s each and fitting them means i lose the storage trays and rear seat pockets the regular seats have but considering the price i paid and what they retail for 2nd hand these days, i just couldnt pass on it, yes they need recovering but they are seats over 15 years old so i,ll be able to choose how i want it to look which is a plus!

Thats what a decent set goes for on ebay these days

5 Likes

wow, that duct tape is crazy, haha

I think he tried to bump the car against the wall to drop the bonnet, but unfortunately he got stuck.

He was presumably trying to find the pit lane entrance to get repairs.

Mission accomplished!

1 Like

whatever he was trying, it went wrong unfortunately. It didn’t even look like he bumped it that hard and it hooked him on there.

2 Likes

Pikes Peak this weekend! O_o

3 Likes

Any streaming options to watch it?

1 Like

Trying to find out actually but not sure

1 Like

The usual livestream with matchsports.com is subject to a regular subscription fee. While $4.99 is a small price to pay for some excellent motorsporting action, it’s not available to everyone. So how else can you get involved?

Firstly, you should get YouTube up on screen. Why? While it won’t have the same kind of coverage you’d get from the likes of matchsports.com, the PPHIC crew be uploading in-car and bike-cam footage directly from the drivers, complete with post-race interviews and more! These videos and clips will be available directly from the Pikes Peak Channel found here.

Another great resource is the local radio from the area. KRDO will be broadcasting a live stream of the entire race, and will be broadcasting updates on Good Morning Colorado and other news outlets. The radio stream is available by visiting KRDO here.

3 Likes

The Aston Martin Valkyrie lives. The Adrian Newey co-designed supercar got its first public showing off at Silverstone over the weekend.

6.5L Cosworth V12 hybrid engine, 1100hp at 10,500rpm, 0-100km/h in 2.5, claim the title of “fastest street-legal car in the world” but that’s TBC.

Also making 25 track versions called the Valkyrie AMR Pro, all of which have already been sold. Will have same engine, with modifications to improve performance and reach a targeted top speed of 250mph (402km/h)! Expect to see them dominating the WEC GTE classes in the not too distant future.

5 Likes

That is such a sexy car!

2 Likes

Thinking of putting a piggyback ECU into my Bravo Sport. Mapped to make it more economical when driving normally and then more power and boost when 100% throttle.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Yes, pay someone to do it…

Yeah 100%, can’t really map and dyno tune a car at home :stuck_out_tongue:

But have heard lots of good things and also a few bad things about piggyback devices