Petrolheads / Electroheads / Motorheads

It can be hit and miss, really depends on a number of factors. Certain makes/models are straight forward to do and can yield amazing results. Others just end up being a huge waste of time/money.

I am very familiar with it on bikes, cars not so much.

I think on any car that does not have the motor potential to push out more power it is a waste.

Apparently I could get between 20-30 bhp from remapping which is quite a nice jump. And then looking at putting in a decent K&N Filter

20-30 is not too drastic, would be worth the effort. a bit of fiddling with the air intake and possible getting the cylinder head ported and polished

20-30 hp+ is a big improvement for not too much effort en relatively low cost.
Do not really want to fiddle with the internals too much as it is still a daily driver

a cylinder head port and polish is not quite drastic nor expensive. The good thing is that when they do that you also need to replace a whole bunch of seals which tend to corrode away over time anyway.

1 Like

I am so out of my element here. I love cars but have no idea how these will make any difference :joy:

So the basic theory of Cylinder head porting is modifying the intake and exhaust ports to improve the quality and quantity of the air flow.

Ultimately the only real way to get more power out of an internal combustion engine is to get more fuel and more air into the engine.

Most of the go-faster modifications on a car does one of those :

• Turbo/Supercharger (more air)
  • Air Filter (more air)
  • Cam modification (air and fuel)
  • Cylinder head (air and fuel)
  • ECU modification (air and fuel)

etc etc etc

2 Likes

This weekend is the 24 hours of Spa!

You can watch on their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/gt1world

3 Likes

We drove spa in the previous Dominus Project Cars 2 Cup. Such an amazing track.
We have GT3 and GT4 mixed. Races only an hour long though.

Last race was Monza, not one of my favourite tracks at all, especially in GT4 cars.

Will def be watching this! Thanks!

2 Likes

Love the French commentary. Hear something that sounds like peanut the whole time

Hon hon hon oui baggette

Anyone have a contact in the motor retail world? Iā€™m trying to get an estimate trade-in value on the wifeā€™s car without having to give some random website and every car dealership in the neighborhood my entire feckin life history just so that they can give me some over-valued bollocks number to try and get me into their dealership. And then have them spam me with phone calls and bullshit emails from now to eternity. All I want right now is a realistic estimate trade-in value so we can start thinking about a replacement. Nothing more.

If you do know someoneā€¦

2015 Renault Captur 66kw Turbo Dynamic
29700km, Full Service History, good to very good condition with a few small scratches and marks, wife is original owner, itā€™s only been used for local trips and the school run hence the low mileage.

Sorry, donā€™t know anyone.

FNB has a nav app that gives you the trade in value of your car. I donā€™t know how accurate it is and I donā€™t know if you guys bank with FNB.

1 Like

Separate app, or built in to the standard banking app somewhere?
Scratch that. Found it. Itā€™s been there all this time?

1 Like

Itā€™s built into the standard banking app. Itā€™s called nav>car or something.

1 Like

I think they added it last year sometime. Itā€™s pretty cool.

2 Likes

Its the best ever, renewing your disk in less than a week

1 Like

So I have decided going to do the following soon.

Induction Kit
Decat or total Down Pipe
Rear Exhaust

2 Likes

On car or your bike?

1 Like

That will be on my car

1 Like