Petrolheads / Electroheads / Motorheads

That time of the year again, already?

2 Likes

That last car looks like the Tim Button Batmobile!

2 Likes

And ridiculously fast!

These electric cars fast, especially because of the crazy acceleration, but they’ll never beat the glorious sound of a combustion engine. The Porsche GT3 sounded awesome.

And that Hoonigan Subaru is mental.

2 Likes

Record breaking fast.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Such a legend! I didn’t know he rode at FOS.

1 Like

I felt compelled to find this video after driving this car in our Dirt 2.0 Rally event.

Davide Cironi is one of my favourite car YouTubers. He is Italian, but most of his vids do get subtitles.
He seems to convey the emotional response the cars have on him well. Maybe because he’s Italian!

3 Likes

Only a true Italian talks with his hands, must be a fake.

1 Like

I think you’d want both hands on your wheel with a car like that, but…

3 Likes

Ferrari Le Mans Hypercar. Never thought I’d see the day… we’ve been waiting for ages to see a Ferrari back at the pinnacle of sports car and endurance racing, and it’s finally happening.

LMH FTW!

1 Like

This cannot be real, surely?

2 Likes

Ludicrously it is real. And global…

Front Seat Heating | BMW.za

Steering Wheel Heating | BMW.za

https://www.bmw.co.za/en/shop/ls/dp/Steering_Wheel_Heating_SFA_za

3 Likes

Well, who wants heating in South African summer, and have you felt cold leather against your skin in winter?

1 Like

Now we know why BMW drivers don’t use indicators, they don’t want to pay extra for that DLC!

4 Likes

That N Vision 74 is gorgeous!

3 Likes

That angle is straight out of Cyberpunk 2077.

3 Likes

Almost seems DeLorean inspired.

5 Likes

BMW’s Heated Seats as a Service Model Has Drivers Seeking Hacks | WIRED

#HackTheWorld!

1 Like

You wouldn’t download a heated seat!

3 Likes

Can anyone explain the reason for stupid car radio/satnav system codes? And more specifically, why the heck it’s so hard to find the darn thing?!

Replaced the battery in the missus’ Renault Captur, satnav system demands a 4-digit code to unlock it again. Looked everywhere for it - manuals, owners documents, even service records and invoices. Nada. Enter the wrong code and it locks you out from attempting again for two minutes. Don’t know how many attempts it allows before it self-destructs or takes on its true demonic form and tries to assimilate me.

Head to Google and YouTube. Discover that the code is on the SatNav devices’ serial number sticker, which is on the back of the unit. In order to find it, I’d need to remove the entire bevel and housing to pull out the unit. Seriously dumb design. Malicious design in fact. Risk breaking something and the warranty or take it to the dealership to get it unlocked. And pay of course.

Tsek.

1 Like