Petrolheads / Electroheads / Motorheads

Liked by Fernando Alonso

4 Likes

Return to the WEC Top Class

499P is the name of the new Le Mans Hypercar with which Ferrari will tackle the FIA WEC in the top class from 2023, a name evoking the history of the Prancing Horse manufacturer.

Fifty years have elapsed since Ferrari last competed with a factory team in international endurance racing, when the 312P was withdrawn from competition after the 1971 season. Six years before that, Ferrari scored its last of nine overall victories in the 24 Hours of Le Mans with Jochen Rindt, Masten Gregory and Ed Hugus in a 250 LM.

In 2023, Ferrari will once again compete on the world sports car racing stage, entering the World Endurance Championship and Le Mans with its 499P Hypercar. Powered by a turbocharged 2.9-liter V6 with architecture common to the engine in the 296 GTB/GTS road cars, along with a hybrid system built with knowledge from the Ferrari Formula 1 team and driving the front wheels, the 499P exists because of the Hypercar regulations. Ferrari chose the Hypercar ruleset over LMDh for the the same reason: Ferrari can build the entire car itself.

It may be a while before Ferrari win another F1 title, but I won’t be shocked (or unhappy! :slight_smile: ) if the Scuderia are World Endurance Champions in a years time.

4 Likes

Sassy!

2 Likes

Ken Block’s ELECTRIKHANA: High Stakes Playground; Las Vegas, in the Audi S1 HOONITRON

Ken Block is back with a new partner to launch the future of Gymkhana. Driving an entirely bespoke machine developed and built by Audi, Ken Block is electrifying Gymkhana in the first ever Electrikhana!

To provide the perfect setting for the 800 volt, bi-motor, AWD Audi S1 Hoonitron’s tire-slaying debut, Hoonigan Media Machine shut down one of the busiest cities in the world: LAS VEGAS.

2 Likes

I saw this the other day, the reverse entry at 2:00 is mental.
What a ridiculous machine.

2 Likes

It’s other worldly, alien :open_mouth:

2 Likes

and for the ralley fans…

1 Like
3 Likes

Wow… That’s a blistering pace. I struggle to get sub 7:40 and I don’t believe I’ve broken 7:20 in a virtual setting of course.

I love the Green Hell. Wish I could go there.

1 Like

Want. Want now!

NEW Porsche 911 Dakar - Limited Edition, €‎222k Off-Road Racer

Welcome to something called the 911 Dakar: a toughed-up high-riding version of the 992 GTS. That means a 475bhp 3.0-litre twin-turbo flat six at the back, four wheel drive, and an eight speed PDK gearbox… all dangling 50mm higher off the ground than usual.

Only 2,500 of these zombie apocalypse-proof 911s will exist, so join Top Gear magazine’s Ollie Kew for an in-depth look at the Dakar’s tougher body, dune-ready suspension, extra driving modes, and crazy options list…

5 Likes
4 Likes

I was thinking about this “ayayayayaa” video again (1:15) :smiley:

5 Likes

You say worst rally corner ever? I say most entertaining rally corner ever!

:smiley:

4 Likes
1 Like

Look at those sexy lines! :drooling_face:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Beautiful pic of what I am sure is a Stratos.

2 Likes

love the new stratos (well technically a ferrari still but) it looks stunning, reminds me of the 2004 Ford GT, which looked like the GT 40 but was a modern car

New Stratos (pity only 25 are being made)

6 Likes

Weren’t they already made, with an F430 as a donor car?
[edit]
Looks like they were. If I recall, one of the stories was that this was supposed to be an official, Lancia/Ferrari product. Luca di Montezemolo (from Ferrari) drove and loved the prototype, but didn’t want a Lancia product being so close to a Ferrari. Sad, but it would be a rare beast, either way.

Some companies do make replicas of the original Stratos still, and they seem pretty neat.

2 Likes

lancia isnt involved thats why its officially just known as the new stratos.
Yes luca loved it but they also embargoed them to only release the car in 2018, that is almost 10 years after the 430 went out of production, because the chassis is technically hacked(shortened) an pinininfarina only made the prototype and not the production versions of the new stratos, ferrari decided to not endorse the vehicle officially

2 Likes