This! OMG!

Looool

True, like I actually like NFS. But I don’t smaak this

Not this NFS fan.

2 Likes

Wahaha!

1 Like
3 Likes

This was actually a good watch. I can appreciate what they are trying to do, and it definitely aims towards people like me that is not used to sim racing but definitely want to try. Just that the video that is currently out doesn’t make it look so good. But when they explained things, it made a bit more sense.
So we’ll see, thyme will tell.

3 Likes

I think the Sim racing community is way too quick to just judge and dismiss the game. Sim racing is a niche market, with not a lot of people playing it. And for those people there are a few games to choose from, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Project Cars was always in that space between the ultra sims of the likes of iRacing and rFactor, and the more arcade style games like Forza Motorsports. In that category there has been no real “transition” games that gives an easy to get into experience with some level of realism. PC2 is pretty much the only one there.

I have full confidence in the fact that PC3 will be the same, and will capture that middel experience for both hardcore and canual gamers. The fact that they are leaning harder into that market is a good thing. A very good thing. And while the trailer wasn’t the best, all other gameplay I’ve seen and the actual press release does sound like it’s going to be a good game to get people interested in sim racing.

Stop being snobs!

3 Likes

Hear hear!

I’m one of those people who really like the Forza type games.

2 Likes

The fact that there is a market big enough to sustain all sorts of driving games (lets call them that rather than sims for the purpose of inclusivity) is absolutely amazing in itself. Nobody is a snob when they dont like specific genre or even a sub genre of gaming.

I love driving games. I have sharpened my teeth on Gran Turismo, Need for Speed, Forza and their Horizon cousins, all manner of Codemaster games like Dirt, Grid and F1, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and even Spyhunter. My tastes have changed and I crave more and more realism in my racing games.

My hopes were that Project Cars 3 is leaning more towards the sim side than the arcade side. And that first trailer did nothing to build up my hopes for the game. That does not mean I am not interested in the game still. It also does not mean that I am right about it being arcadey. If they succeed in what they set out to achieve, making a racing game that is accessible to more people and that means drawing more players to the genre then I will be a fool for being upset.

TLDR: I like all racing titles, I want Project Cars 3 to be good.

3 Likes

Hai jirre, what happened here? Must I like every racing game cos I play racing games. Being a snob has nothing to do with it. I looked at footage, it like arcade-ish, and the in-game notifications/prompts/achievements literally would drive an ADHD laaitie mad :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Not being a snob, just thought those initial trailers were somewhat misleading. You raise valid points no doubt, and while I’ve always preferred other games for my sim experience (Assetto Corsa, Forza, Gran Turismo, etc.), I enjoy arcade-like racers, with or without sim experiences, just as much. I have had a lot of fun in the Forza Horizon titles, Driveclub and heck even the NFS franchise. I like racing games, serious and casual alike.

I have a massive hard-on for the Forza franchise, along with their Horizon spin-off.

2 Likes

Chris Haye has some thoughts:

They’re decent, sensible, reasonable thoughts, they really are.

3 Likes

CH has some more thoughts after actually playing the game :wink:

1 Like

Let me guess, it’s mostly positive. And when it’s not, he avoids it?

1 Like

Weirdly he has only good things to say about it. Even more weirdly he has his logo in the game as a livery symbol… Coincidence?

Look, I agree with that the world needs more driving “GAMES” as the sim genre is pretty stacked.

1 Like

He projects such a nice guy image, I’m beginning to doubt if he would tell us something is bad. Game looks very GT Sport inspired

1 Like

Perhaps because PC3 was in development before Slightly Mad Studios and Codemasters merged and so is still classified as a SMS game, but there doesn’t look to be any of that nice Codemasters regional pricing on the game.

Those numbers are more than enough to completely turn me off the idea of buying it now. And no Hammer, not because I’m a snob! I love all sorts of driving games, in case that wasn’t obvious, and I really do want to keep my Project CARS collection complete. It’s just because I’m a frugal gamer.

It goes on the Wishlist and will stay there until it gets at least a 50%+ sale price. And then only if the reviews and ratings are reasonable.

2 Likes

For R800+ at the moment I also don’t think it is worth it right now. I’ll add it to my wishlist as well and hope for a deep discount with a sale or something. Should still be a fun game to play.

1 Like

Well, I watched a live stream Jimmy Broadbent did of PC3. And it did not look good. Like at all. The graphics were terrible and looked more like a mobile game than a proper game. I hoped they kept the same look and feel like the previous game, but not this! It looks like NFS and GRID had a baby, but NFS left and Forza raised the baby and calling it Project Cars 3. Though he did say the feeling is good and still fun, everything else surrounding that engine seems silly. Thr gameplay seemed fine and physics looks good according to him. So at least there’s that.

3 Likes

So, did anyone drop a cool R1250 on the Deluxe Edition? If so, your 3-day early access pass has begun…

1 Like

Oh, does it release soon?