Project Zomboid

After 130 hours of getting my brains eaten, I consider Project Zomboid to be the most realistic and immersive take on the zombie apocalypse genre. I’m a sucker for super hardcore, sandbox games that don’t care about your feelings (Factorio, ONI, KSP, Noita, My Summer Car) and PZ fits squarely in that category.

If you’ve played it before, but not in the past year or so, they’ve made huge upgrades to the engine and focused a lot on the multiplayer experience. It’s worth checking out again.

One other thing that makes PZ great, it the level of world customization. How the infection spreads, rate of zombie spawns, abundance of resources, food spoilage, zombie speed and perception, can all be tweaked in excruciating detail. You can basically recreate the “zombie lore” from any game, show or movie.

I’ve been waning to try out multiplayer for a while now. As a solo, if you run out of food, get a fever or break a limb, it’s pretty much a slow and inevitable game over.
Even though I have over 100 hours, I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface of this game. I don’t think I’ve ever made it past week 4 in-game.
Having said that, the game mechanics are really, really deep and there are so many nuances that you learn through trial and error. I’m more than willing to share my knowledge if you feel overwhelmed.

So then… anyone want to try and survive the zombie apocalypse on a private multiplayer server together?

@oltman @DarthMol @Solitude you guys all have it I see, and @GregRedd wishlisted.
Open to all obviously.

Project Zomboid MEW Server listing

Direct connect details are in Discord #gameclub-chat

4 Likes

It really is one of the most realistic takes on the zombie apocalypse. I’ve played with some friends and it definitely helps working as a team - first you have to find each other on the map! My character still became diseased and died a slow death, you really want to avoid any scratches or bites. I’d be keen to join in for some Zomboid again.

4 Likes

Well look at that… R8.37 in the wallet, and an R80 voucher later, and it’s no longer on my Wishlist.

Show me the zombies!

3 Likes

How many people can join in online? I’d be down, I see it has native linux support

2 Likes

Limit is huge like 32 or something. The real limitation is server bandwidth.

3 Likes

I see a 4-pack is R220… Before I use my wallet for a copy for myself, are there 3 others wanting the game?

1 Like

For R55 I’d join you.

2 Likes

I could refund mine and get one of your gift copies if you need a last one to fill the 4-pack. Let me know.

2 Likes

One more?

2 Likes

Woop! I am always keen for any type of co-op experience! Say where and when!

2 Likes

I’ve got @TechThief on my “Friends who want this” list. You keen to split the four-pack with us @TechThief?

@Slinx, I also have @the9avenger9 on my “Friends who have this” list, so be sure to add him as a possible to the server invites.

2 Likes

Sorry, gonna pass on this one, no real reason, just not feeling Project Zomboid right now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like the game a lot. Haven’t tried multiplayer. But sorry I just don’t have the time for it currently. Maybe closer to December?

1 Like

How about it @Beo? It’s Mac compatible. Or @Wyvern - zombies aren’t scary. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hahaha I would love to, cash flow this month is R0. I can’t promise when I will play, need to see how this first week goes :stuck_out_tongue: But yes I am curious

1 Like

haha I was actually considering it last night, this thread intrigued me and I was watching some gameplay. It looks quite simplistic in its visual styling so shouldn’t be a problem on my Macbook.

2 Likes

Absolutely understandable @Wyvern. It’ll be on sale again I’m sure.

So is that a “Yes” for @murfle to go ahead with the 4-pack purchase? :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t see why not. :smiley:

4 Likes

Swell. I’ll submit my refund request meanwhile.

2 Likes

Ok cool. 4-pack acquired!

One for @czc, one for @Beo and when the refund is complete, one for @GregRedd

I think I got that right?

5 Likes