Project Zomboid

Dammit now i wanna play

2 Likes

You have to say it like an American zee…

2 Likes

Good points

No cure and I made it like that for realism, but it makes sense to start a new character if you get infected ya, will change it.

agreed

You don’t want zombies setting off alarms, you’ll just have to trust me on this :grin:

agree here as well, I must have missed that one.

4 Likes

I remember my character getting infected and his body temp was elevated. I kept having to take off extra layers to try cool him down. Can tell you that going without shoes is a bad idea, too much sharp debris.

He eventually succumbed to the infection and I got my friends to ceremoniously run him over so I could go collect my loot with my new character :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Losing all that xp did suck though, he was pretty good at sneaking.

Let’s set the mall as our spawn location :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Yeah, I also like the classic zombie tropes and agree with everyone’s sentiments herein.

But it makes me wonder about the infection thing, why would you continue your game once infected and wait out the inevitable? It just makes sense to then start anew.

1 Like

I’ve set mortality to #3 (0-1 mins)
But as @DarthMol said, you can always unalive yourself.

1 Like

To clarify, they ran over Zombiefied me.

2 Likes

You could use your skills for the greater good and leave a legacy for your fellow survivors :muscle:

My sacrifice will not be in vain!

3 Likes

Consumer routers fecking suuuuuck. I spent over 2 hours of my free time at work trying to make the PZ server work :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I need a coffee and a donut and I’ll give it another go…

The server is running, but finding it and joining is another story.
Name: MEW PZ Server
PW: mostepic

6 Likes

Thanks buddy, I have updated your OP too with these details so they are easily referenced.

3 Likes

Got it working! :raised_hands:
There’s nothing coffee and curse words can’t fix

For some reason it’s not appearing in the in-game server list, so I’m going to drop my IP details on the Discord, the forum is too public. I hope to figure that out eventually.
It’s in #gameclub-chat

5 Likes

Told you so!

1 Like

You made a decision?

Obligatory “That’s what she said.”

3 Likes

I take it that just attracts more? I’ll trust your judgement on this one :wink:

Eyup

Oh right, the steam credit works for me, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I managed to join my server from 2 different PC’s, looks like everything is working as intended.

Now to arrange a time. I can hop on in the evenings (except this Thursday) and assist with connecting and getting new players get familiar with the mechanics and stuff. It would also be nice to do some server stress testing to see if my PC will cope.

The server will be available 24/7 unless there’s loadshedding, and the game pauses when no one is online.

4 Likes

I would hope to play around Friday night, they’re generally dedicated gaming nights for me.

4 Likes

Thanks for setting this up for the MEW Crew. :clap:
Going to try grab an hour tonight to install and get on if I can. Will probably be late though.

3 Likes

For those of us jumping on, I assume we’ll use discord for VC or something? If we use VC at all?

Does anyone have issues being on my stream?

2 Likes

Not from my side.

3 Likes

Always a pleasure, I’ve been away for far too long. Assetto is still coming :wink:

Ya Discord. The game has built-in VoIP with spacial awareness, but lets keep it simple.
No issues with streaming here.

4 Likes