Rainbow Six Extraction

LOL! Excellent! #dontbekak

2 Likes

R6 extraction is up for download for PC game pass right now. Finally! 45Gb download, hopefully should be playing by Sunday.

2 Likes

Nice, seems to be a getting a mixed reception from the reviews I watched and listened to last night. Not that that matters to factor my enjoyment, it seems right up my alley as I really enjoyed a lot of my time with the conventional Rainbow6 Siege experience, this just builds upon that in a PvE setting.

Also been watching some reviews. I realise, intellectually, that this is not a looter shooter, that progression is based solely on mission completion but deep down I am interested to see how I handle not getting loot ;-P.

I played Div1 and Div2 for MANY hours and those are looters. I have a friend I play games with and he played siege for a ton and is very excited to play extraction with me. I am mediocre at best at shooting accuracy so I am hoping I can bring something useful with support operators like Finka and Doc.

My buddy is in the UK and cannot play a lot with me so I am also hoping I can solo some content to help me advance/unlock operators when we can’t join up.

Will wait and see.

1 Like

Yeah I guess I’ll be playing mostly solo, and will probably have to drop the difficulty to accommodate that.

We can try playing together as well.

I am up for that, for sure. This game looks like it really is not made for randoms.

1 Like

Not sure if there is any cross-platform capabilities.

Lols. Got a “We read the room and chose to ignore it” response from UbiSupport…

There is.

I think we need a standalone RS: Extraction topic… please standby…

1 Like

R6E is both cross-platform and cross-progression enabled by default. Meaning you should be able to play with up to two of your Ubi Connect friends on any platform, and pick up your gameplay progress on any platform.

To invite your cross platform friends to play Rainbow Six Extraction, simply share your Ubisoft Connect names and send a friend request. Then, you’ll be able to see when they’re online and invite them to your Archaean shooting session whenever you want.

Rainbow Six Extraction cross-progression is also startlingly simple. If you start Rainbow Six Extraction on one platform and later decide to shift to another, you can continue playing right where you left off. To gain access to your save, you need to link your Ubisoft Connect account to your new platform and start playing.

2 Likes

And as always, if you need a venue to coordinate your cross-play shenanigans, I recommend the #Multiplayer channel on the MEW Discord:

I too am getting it, so we must attempt to play it together, also kudos to ubisoft servers allowing me to download at 10mb/s

1 Like

My top speed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Rainbow Six Extraction Reviews

Metacritic - 72 (17 critic reviews)

OpenCritic - 74 average / Fair rating (81 critic reviews)

GamesRadar - 3.5/5

Polygon - Not Scored

PC Gamer - 73

IGN - 7/10: Good (Video Review)

GameSpot - 7/10 (Video Review)

As one reviewer put it, Rainbow 6 Distraction, until the next game comes out

1 Like

Kinda polarising then that SkillUp writes it up as bland and boring, which he says, “is worse than a bad game”.

I really dislike his videos at times, but here it is if you’re interested, I didn’t finish watching it.

1 Like

I still can’t stand Skill Up. His channel is bland and boring.

2 Likes

1.2 billion people just got ignored. Lets not talk about the French in Africa then…

1 Like

I tend to agree with you, but I still like to watch and listen to other perspectives.

Hmmm… it wants to link my Ubi and XBOX account, but it keeps giving me this error:

Guess I will try again tomorrow.

1 Like