Rainbow Six Extraction

Nice to see operators we’ve been playing with for years now actually having some limelight, or at least in some cutscenes and dialogue.

Played through the “training”, a bit too stealthy for my liking so far, there is nothing wrong with stealth, but in these alien/zombie games I myself like a bit more action. If i can rope some friends together I hope it gets better.

2 Likes

Not having any joy with games tonight. First Hitman 3 won’t run. Now R6E starts, plays the intro cutscene, then tell me I must be online when I am?

Guess it’s the universe telling me to go to bed.

2 Likes

I suspect if you have a proper team or squad that might negate a lot of the need to be stealthy.

Same! But it seems I tracked my problem to my XBOX account being linked to another UBI account. MS cannot help, so logged a ticket with UBI.

1 Like

Even with a team it’s still very stealth dependent from what I’ve seen in reviews. It’s more akin to GTFO than Left 4 Blood where alerting the horde means overwhelming numbers and death.

1 Like

Wow, I completely suck at this game. Made it through the tutorial fine but getting absolutely wrecked solo. I need to do a lot of practice. Plus CTD every time I load up and am in a mission is not helping. Trying new drivers out now

2 Likes

It turns out that “You must be online” error message I got last night has nothing to do with my internet connection.

That specific wording and the very detailed explanation that goes with it is obviously telling me that I need to change my status in the Ubi Connect launcher from “Do Not Disturb” to “Online”. Obviously. :roll_eyes:

Ahaha, I had the same, thankfully google helped. My CTD seemed to have been solved by verifying the game files. Now I just have to deal with every second mission being a rescue mission of one of my operators I played in the previous mission…

1 Like

Wow, had my first 2 missions with my friends, it was amazing, people communicating and succeeding, well mostly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good game, we should get together sometime

2 Likes

So the recommendation is to always play with friends.

1 Like

Kinda challenging. I like it, a bit more methodical than other games. My biggest issue is the guns sound very flat.

One thing I REALLY REALLY hate about this game, one disconnect and your operator is MIA. Stupid design decision. This is solo.

2 Likes

Yeah that really sucks, if I had to guess it is probably to stop people from alt-f4 ing before their death so they don’t loose their operator in the first place.

1 Like

@Shrike — you up for some duo action tonight?

1 Like

I am keen, although not sure when. Will let you know closer to the time if I have a. power b. internet and c. still awake :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hahaha fully understand, I barely make 11 pm nowadays, I’m only really available from about 8 pm anyway.

1 Like

@Beo I am Boerewors on MEW discord, I see there is a 2gig patch, will be about an hour or so to download. Will let you know here when its done

1 Like

@Beo ready to shoot some aliens

Do you have me on Ubisoft client?

Cos I may have to use in-game chat/audio, or Xbox party, as I assume you’re on PC.