Rainbow Six Extraction

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction - PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and more | Ubisoft (UK)

• Rainbow Six Extraction will be available on day one with Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate when it releases on January 20.
  • Rainbow Six Extraction is a tactical 1-3 player co-op PvE FPS where you’ll unite the elite operators from Rainbow Six against a deadly alien threat known as the Archaens.
  • Rainbow Six Siege will be available with PC Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate starting January 20 as well.
4 Likes

Wow you are quick. I just came to post that.

Ubisoft+ coming to XBox!

3 Likes

Ooh nice, keen to try this out when it releases. Just recently grabbed R6 Siege to play with friends as an alternative to CSGO.

1 Like

Jez Corden (Windows Central) has a thought:

1 Like

I am not seeing a rainbox 6 extraction on game pass for PC yet, there are rumours of a pre-download, anyone seeing it?

1 Like

Not seeing it on Xbox either. Think it might only hit on the 20th.

2 Likes

Awe yeah, which reminds me, I preinstalled this yesterday. I look forward to seeing how this is played. From the videos I have seen, mostly from Game Informer, it seems pretty solid and right up my alley (as a R6S player).

2 Likes

You pre-installed it by buying it? Is it available for pre-install on game pass yet?

1 Like

I’m not finding Game Pass preload options for R6: Extraction on PC at all. Not in the desktop app or the mobile app. Is preloading only available for console, or has anyone managed to get it preloaded on PC?

Yeah, that’s where I installed it from, Game Pass. I don’t buy new games :laughing:

… exception was made for Elden Ring.

I beg you, how??? PC or console?

Console, I don’t have a PC.

Dang. Thanks though.

Found this:

Despite Ubisoft once again completely ignoring the entire continent of Africa, it looks like PC pre-loads only for folks who have bought the game on Ubi or Epic. No mention of pre-load under Xbox Game Pass, but note at the bottom saying “Console Pre-Load Available Now”.

It’s an 85GB download for us* :expressionless: I guess we stay up until midnight to start the download and play the next day. (Or possibly the old “temporarily move my PC to New Zealand” thing may work. If it does you could start your download at around 13:00 here tomorrow.)

* Plus an extra 9GB if you want the HD texture files too.

1 Like

I’m sure my download was <30GB.

Anyway, whether I play day one or not I am not bothered. I am just thankful for the opportunity, I am by no means hyped for this but instead curious.

1 Like

Oh wow, that will take me about 10 days to download at 7 gigs or so a day. bleh.

1 Like

Got that 85GB number from a random games site so went to the Ubi Store site directly to check. It is the right number, but it is actually marked as being required “Storage”. So it might well be that Beo’s numbers are a reflection of the download size and the 85GB number is the final install size. Here’s hoping! A <30GB download is significantly better than an 85GB download.

1 Like

That could even be the unpacked (uncompressed) size that the application takes up on the local drive. :man_shrugging: Here’s hoping the download size remains smaller.

1 Like

@GregRedd , where did you get that graphic? I want to rant to Ubisoft about that! Also, is Russia part of Europe or Asia? Seems nobody really wants them either!

From the Ubisoft / Rainbow Six Extraction site:

I already have… (not that it’ll make much difference.)

1 Like