Xbox Game Pass

Woop! Spelunky 2 is amazing. Tough as nails but oh so good.

1 Like

Oooh a nice selection of games I’ve wanted to play (Gorogoa, Outer Wilds, The Pedestrian, Spelunky 2… Mass Effect if I have the time). I tried playing the Outer Wilds on the Xbox but the 30fps framerate was too much to bear for my PC master race eyes…

2 Likes

When I saw that Desperados was soon leaving I downloaded it and started playing yesterday and I’m glad that I did. Absolutely loving the game! I’m sure I’ll be able to finish it before the 15th.

2 Likes

You’ve missed out! One of the best games I played over the last couple of years.

1 Like

And Mass Effect being one of the best games I’ve never played, or so I’m told.

1 Like

29 posts were split to a new topic: Rainbow Six: Extraction

I care not for Rainbow Six, but does this mean I’ll be able to play Anno 1800 again on PC through Game Pass??? Be ause that’s the best news ever!

Correction, I read that wrong. Ubisoft+ is coming to Xbox, not game pass. I’ve tempered my excitement.

2 Likes

I don’t think it will be part of GamePass. Either a separate sub or maybe a new tier of GamePass including Ubi+. Although we already have GP Ultimate. What can they possibly call a higher tier?

2 Likes

Ultimate+ obviously :grinning:. In bold and italics for that super plus effect.

3 Likes

Follow up Tweet confirming what @Wlad suggested would be happening - it’ll be a separate subscription…

And based on Ubisofts inability to ever regionally price anything and insistence on charging us in Euros, I hesitate to get too excited about it. Let’s wait and see what the cost will be.

(For reference, an Ubisoft+ subscription is still the price it was launched at: €14.99 / about R270 per month at the current exchange rate.)

1 Like

I really feel that Ubisoft games in general are not really suitable for a subscription service - especially as expensive as Ubisoft+. So many of their games are grossly padded out that they take hundreds of hours to complete, meaning that you’ll use up 2-3 months sub on one game rather than some of the shorter experiences on Game Pass where you can play 2-3 games per month, resulting in much better value for the customer.

1 Like

Xbox and Game Pass pumping out the news today - no flies on them. Another Day One Release coming to Game Pass on 18 January:

2 Likes

Hitman Trilogy coming to Game Pass 20 January!

2 Likes

1 Like

Pro tip: play Spelunky 2 now!

2 Likes

Oh wow, that makes me happy! Was waiting for hitman 3 to come to Steam, but now it’s free!

3 Likes

Now over 500 unique games on Game Pass.

And a lot more planned heading into the future (that we know about).

PlayStation’s “Project Spartacus” will have some serious catching up to do once it launches.

3 Likes

Briefly saw mention of this on Twitter earlier today, but I can’t find the tweet now. Seems to be valid though, because I’ve just had a look myself.

Someone discovered that if you search for Game Pass games in the recently updated Microsoft Store app on your desktop, in addition to showing you the discount you will get if you buy the game, there is now also a date attached to that discount. The assumption is that the Game Pass discount will be valid until the game is removed from the GP library.

So, for example, this is the Firewatch store page at the moment:

According to that, the 20% Game Pass discount is valid “through 2022/12/16”. Game Pass games leave the library mid-month or end of the month, so the 16th of December tracks. It’s also exactly a year to the day after Firewatch was added to the library.

Going to check tomorrow using Yakuza 4. Game Pass announcements are typically made on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Yakuza 4 - and some other Yakuza games - shows its Game Pass discount is valid “through 2022/02/01” meaning that it will probably be leaving Game Pass on 31 January, and then revert back to normal price on 1 February.

So if there’s a third party game in the GP library that you’re curious to see when it’s leaving, look it up in the MS Store app and check when the Game Pass discount expires. I haven’t had a chance yet to check if the same info is available in the Store App on the Xbox. Will have a looky look later tonight or tomorrow.

ETA - some other games that have a 31 Jan or 01 Feb discount validity and therefore should be confirmed to be leaving the library at the end of the month:

• Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Yakuza 4 Remastered
  • Yakuza 5 Remastered
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence
  • Control
  • The Medium
4 Likes

Oh crap, so I need to complete Plague Tale in the next coming weeks… I have it on Epic as well, but my progress is on Game Pass. I’m about half way through the game.

2 Likes

Yeah, I recently downloaded it to Xbox but don’t see myself then playing or finishing it in the given timeline.

2 Likes