Random News Snippets & Articles

1 Like

I don’t know why, but I find this hilarious!

“less white, less arrogant, less certain, less defensive, less ignorant and more humble.”

Although the less white part doesn’t need to be there, they aren’t wrong.

2 Likes
2 Likes

So much talk, talk, talk. Commissions, hearings, court proceedings delayed, delayed, delayed. 10 years plus. So much evidence of billions of Rands lost to corruption. Has a single individual been charged, convicted and imprisoned for any of it?

2 Likes

https://apnews.com/article/tiger-woods-car-crash-updates-ad2a23683a424fd6f18a408eafd59028

LOS ANGELES (AP) — In a career filled with remarkable comebacks, Tiger Woods faces perhaps his toughest recovery of all.

Woods was driving alone through a sweeping, downhill stretch of road through coastal suburbs of Los Angeles when his SUV struck a sign, crossed over a raised median and two oncoming lanes flipped several times before coming to rest on its side. Its airbags deployed.

A sheriff’s deputy poked his head through a hole in the windshield to see Woods, still wearing his seatbelt, sitting in the driver’s seat.

The crash caused “significant” injuries to his right leg and he underwent what was described as a “long surgical procedure” at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.

Anish Mahajan, the chief medical officer, said Woods shattered tibia and fibula bones in multiple locations. He suffered “open fractures,” meaning the skin was broken.

The bones were stabilized by a rod in the tibia. He said a combination of screws and pins were used for injuries in the ankle and foot.

2 Likes

So about the windshield… Sounds like Woods got a hole in one.

Edit: My brother responded with “His short game is good. Needs to work on his driving”

2 Likes

It’s just getting silly now. Really silly.

Activision warns a standard 500GB PS4 may no longer fit Call of Duty: Warzone, Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare • Eurogamer.net

2 Likes

Come on Georgie… finish Song of Ice and Fire already!

1 Like

I remember when everyone licensed the ID engine. Wouldn’t it be grand, if they did that again. I rate that the most optimised engine under the sun. I think, ironically, it’s partially their fault for having so much success with streaming super ginormous 4k textures into the game engine, yet at the same time, keep the game performance in line and smooth. So Activision, goes and implements the same shit, except they just have way too many textures in that warzone map. And voila, moerse game size. Shampies.

2 Likes

I heard/read somewhere that part of the issue is also the huge uncompressed lossless audio files they insist on using.

2 Likes

I can understand the desire to use something like FLAC… I mean, people spend a fortune on headsets, and there are audiophile gamers out there.

Not saying it’s worth a performance hit for the vast majority though.

1 Like
2 Likes

If they do change the name I’m good for the clicking sounds required.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t even know how they fit into that name or word. The only time I’ve seen forward slashes in a language is in a technology stack.

3 Likes

I mean, tech companies pretty much rule the world these days…

Cities will be name stuff like San Microsoft, https://Tesla, or Amazon rain forest (oh wait)

2 Likes

Sheer madness

3 Likes
2 Likes

Fooken prawns are coming back?! :grinning:

1 Like

Yes they are!!!

Fly me to the moon…

2 Likes