Will they ever run out of ideas?

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Very sad news. Fuck cancer.

2 Likes

Indeed.

1 Like

Reports of Microsoft sniffing around Discord at the moment…

MS must have tons of cash that they need to burn through, they’re doing so much shopping.

With Teams mostly replacing Skype (why do they insist on beating that dead horse?) could they be thinking about integrating elements of Teams into Discord? If they could get Discord integrated into Xbox and use it to replace Party Chat, that would be good.

2 Likes

please no, please leave discord alone, I don’t want to use skype for online gaming.

4 Likes

Those articles are such clickbait. The ACTUAL story is that Discord is looking for a buyer and looking to go public. They are effectively looking at capitalization options. Microsoft is only rumoured to have given a proposed valuation and interest in buying should Discord decide to sell.

Also, Microsoft have bought both LinkedIn and GitHub, which has worked as they have been previously without any changes to the systems, despite being owned by Microsoft.

Also if Microsoft were to buy Discord, I’m pretty sure they would enhance integration between Discord on Microsoft gaming platforms. I would bet a pretty penny that there will be no business integration at all.

Bit of a overblown situation as its not even a reality yet that Discord will sell. From the source article:

Discord has been talking to potential buyers and software giant Microsoft is in the running, but no deal is imminent, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the discussions are private. Discord is more likely to go public than sell itself, one person said. Representatives for Microsoft and Discord declined to comment. VentureBeat reported earlier on Monday that Discord was engaged in sales talks.

7 Likes

I mean… I just downloaded discord for free, dunno why MS wants to buy it…

6 Likes

They want you. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

How much data is 10 billion worth these days. Boggles the mind.

1 Like
1 Like

Lol.

I don’t know much about ships and shipping routes, but it sure looks like a heck of a lot of them are heading around the Cape of Good Hope. So WAKE UP! Slaapstad, you’ve got some forex to earn!

1 Like

You always see a couple anchored outside the harbour. When we stayed in Bloubergstrand you’d constantly see them entering and exiting the harbour. It never got old… I love ships.

2 Likes

I suppose I have you guys to thank for this recommendation popping up in my suggestions…

2 Likes

Don’t blame us. It’s google that spies on what we say.

2 Likes

Free at last, free at last, thank goodness it’s free at last!

Giant ship blocking Suez Canal finally freed.

4 Likes