Random News Snippets & Articles

Starting today, Steam developers will only be able to place two trailers in the row of thumbnails to the left of screenshots, creating a default view that always has a mix of screenshots and trailers front-and-center.

Thank you Valve!

2 Likes

I approve of this restriction.

2 Likes

New banknotes and coins have been launched. Look okay.

R200_Front

Those colours don’t look the same to me. How many people are going to give a R200 thinking it’s a R50 :sweat_smile:

Hopefully it’s just my monitor playing tricks on my eyes, but the new R50 looks purple.

And funny story, the R50 is the same colour as a Canadian $50. My mom gave a $50 note to my dad to get change from the bank. Ya, it was R50… :laughing:

1 Like

Too much!!! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

5 Likes

LOL this is soooo South African!

7 Likes

Seriously though, despite Comrade Cyril’s Ruskie-hued agenda, if he and others can help facilitate even a start in the direction of peace for the people of Ukraine, excellent news.

4 Likes

I support this initiative… But have zero faith in it…

4 Likes

The 12-year-old boy, who was a passenger in Gomez’s vehicle, allegedly pulled out a gun and repeatedly fired at Davis, the Keen Police Department wrote on Facebook. The boy used an AR-style weapon and fired at least six rounds at Davis.

Gun violence in the States is out of control. Never mind the fact that this happened. Just the realisation that a 12-year old is able to access an “AR-style weapon” horrifies me. If American kids are not being killed by guns in their schools, they’re out killing other people in parking lots instead. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

They should start charging the owners of the weapons as accomplices in the murders since it is their negligence that allowed the kids to get their hands on a weapon in the first place. That would be the first step for people to maybe start being more responsible… But because America is operating on both sides of the extremes with no reasonable middle ground, nothing will get done.

3 Likes

What do you mean out of control?

https://twitter.com/ProfTimHoakes/status/1643146924130803712

We clearly need more weapons in the hands of children!

3 Likes

I still maintain America doesn’t have a gun control problem, they have a mental health problem.

3 Likes

I suppose it would depend on the definition of gun control. If gun control means to do background checks on people and determining their mental fitness before allowing them to buy a gun, then I would say (if they don’t do it already), that would be a one of their problems.

In this specific instance though, I don’t see this as a gun control problem but rather a responsibility problem. I would argue that nobody under 21 should be able to get their hands on a gun and if there isn’t proper measures in place to keep the guns out of reach, then the owners should be prosecuted at the same level as-if they were complicit in the crime that was committed. Children don’t have the emotional maturity or stability.

2 Likes

Linus Sebastian is stepping down as CEO of the Linus Media Group.

He’ll transition into the role of Chief Vision Officer and leave the running of LMG to his old boss, Terrence Tong.

1 Like

At this point, I’m sure we’re just making up titles.

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

My Broadband missed a trick in their alternative quote, they should have got the Family Game Pass to cover 5 of the consoles in one sub. What kind of journalism is this :wink:

3 Likes

Ahh, sad day. RIP the wonderful, talented, trailblazing Queen of Rock and Roll, Tina Turner.

3 Likes

Legend on a legend.

2 Likes

Oh, the nuggets on this lawyer… “The minister should be commended!”

1 Like