Random News Snippets & Articles

That’s cool and all, but I got my very first hype train last night, after over a year and a half of streaming.

Booya!

3 Likes
1 Like

“Put simply, we may be too worn out by social media to think deeply about things.”

What a quote to come out of this interesting article!

3 Likes

Attention spans are dwindling

I don’t even entertain any social media and I have that problem…

2 Likes

It explains why TikTok is so popular (and also banned in my house). I’m also moving my kids to a new school next year where chess is part of the curriculum to hopefully help them develop their attention spans (among other benefits).

As for the article, it might be that the same set of people who used to like strategy games, still do, but their numbers have been diluted in relation to the total number of gamers because of new gamers entering the “playground” since 2015. The new TikTok generation of gamers I would think, would almost have no interest in strategy games.

4 Likes

Maybe not new news, but officially, your steam library gets lost in time when you die.

3 Likes

I do see that they mention that doing so is a flagrant violation of Steam’s terms, not that anyone will really care.

2 Likes

RIP Donald Sutherland. :cry:

3 Likes

Too bad, so sad.

Such a phenomenal actor.

1 Like

Very sad, I grew up watching his movies.

2 Likes

This one hurt a lot

2 Likes

Not quite sure where this fits in in terms of posting it here, but here we go: Steam is now building a recording system into their client, which I think is pretty great, also, about damn time XD.

2 Likes

Literally came here to make a post about it… :smiley:

Steam Game Recording - Gaming - Most Epic Win

So this happened…

Redd-edit to Add:

1 Like

Rest In Peace Shannen Doherty.

Fuck cancer.