Renault and Alpine Fans

Haha, when I saw the topic I thought it was started by @Solitude!!

3 Likes

I drive a Renault - but it’s actually a Dacia that is manufactured by Mahindra and then sold here under the Renault badge. It’s also essentially a sedan version of the Sandero - the Renault Logan.

4 Likes

Literally a Sandero Sedan :rofl: You Sandero guys have a bakkie as well. The NP200 :joy: Lucky buggers

2 Likes

Nice!! Working on a Renault really is a pain. The easiest and most comfortable way to change a headlight bulb on my Clio, is to remove the bumper and take the headlight out :joy:

I absolutely love the Duster. Would buy one in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

Are your parents members of the Duster Owners group on Facebook? I stalk that group on a daily basis :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep! It helps with getting parts. I can change my brake pads for under R450 and it’s really easy once you know how.

2 Likes

I drove a colleagues Renault Megane once. Man that car was dangerous you could break the speed limit so easily.

Other than that I think they’re very uncomfortable to drive. Had a rental kwid in Durban man that thing struggled.

2 Likes

Flip that is cheap. My front discs and pads cost me around R1100 in total at my local Naskar Spares. Rear Pads around R500 and the rear discs is not so nice. R900 a side

2 Likes

The Kwid is a POS :joy: My dad also had a Kwid rental the other day. Damn. That is a death trap. I will easily go around a corner at 4 times the speed in my Clio than I would in the Kwid

3 Likes

That’s just for pads, but discs are fairly cheap too - it’s literally a solid round piece of metal.

2 Likes

You have drums at the back right?

2 Likes

Yep, haven’t had to change those out yet. Not looking forward to it though.

2 Likes

Changing drum discs does seem horrible

3 Likes

Or pads rather :rofl:

3 Likes

I think that’s the one, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I love the retro design

2 Likes

Cool, which Megane was it?

It’s quite a hard drive with it being a sports car. Compared to my previous cars, you really feel the road beneath you. It’s a fun car though! You can accelerate so quickly and it can take corners so well. Would love to drive one on a track one day.

1 Like

HAve you guys experienced a 275 Trophy?

2 Likes

Unfortunately not. I’m sad to say that I’ve never driven or been in an RS. I’ve got the GT.

1 Like