Retro gaming

I can immediately see how our lists will differ in some places, and I guess that is the beauty of gaming.

Yes indeed, and I can share the actual file with you if you want to compile your own as well.

It’s a list I started when I was in Australia at the start of last year. The list has evolved and changed as I either replayed a bunch of the older games, or just because I’ve changed my mind.

I’ve played and enjoyed on SNES emulator Chrono Trigger and Tales of Phantasia.

Dude, I cannot even remember what I played last night and how I felt about it. So well done.

That’s awesome! Id say you are definitely a retro gamer man!
Im impressed with your number 1 game too. It has not aged well in looks but the whole premise and mechanics are still fantastic. I have it for PS2 but load times are terrible.
Going to buy it off GOG soonish
https://www.gog.com/game/deus_ex

I got you boo

The mod does a great job at making the game much more palatable on the eyes

1 Like

HOLY SMOKES!

*buys Deus Ex
:heartpulse:

1 Like

I have never played a Deus Ex game

If you like story rich rpg’s and futuristic fps’s you will love Deus Ex.

1 Like

I will look into the mod Hammer posted cause the game just looks like shit now

Iv got a raspberry pi im going to make into one of those retro game boxes… really looking forward to it… But the Nintendo Switch has been a great platform for my inner retro gamer to thrive… A game like Golf Story really took me back…

Awesome, keep us updated on your retro pi progress!

Yeah, I might consider this too. Don’t have much need for Kodi any more.

As an update, this site has basically put everything into one download… its a big file, 4gigs ish…

http://www.gamewizard.ca/downloads.html

Then here is a lengthy youtube vid to explain everything…

Just dont follow the links with the vid, they are out of date hence the one above…

2 Likes

Any retro gamers still in the house?

I have been full into Deus Ex again but this time the overlooked Invisible War. I am totally enjoying it!

Also started playing Nier on the xbox360 and its seriously great as well. It’s like a mature and dark Zelda style game. I highly recommend it!

3 Likes

SCUMMVM!!

1 Like

I am horrendous at SCUMM games! at all puzzle games infact.

Im super dof haha

3 Likes

This was in my YouTube suggestions this week, so of course I dug up all the old games! I see ScummVM now also lets you run the old Sierra games and a whole bunch more!

4 Likes

Damn I have such a special place for Monkey Island 1, 2 and 3.

5 Likes

An absolute classic being remade! So excited for this!

4 Likes