Rockstar Game Launcher - Seriously!?! Another one?

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/rockstar-games-launcher

Seriously?

And this is why I prefer using one that has most of the games in one place

1 Like

Yeah F this!

1 Like

Hah honestly not suprised, every developer is probably going to be getting one.

1 Like

I can understand a launcher for a shop that has 20+ games. Every other launcher can go screw themselves.

3 Likes

Social Club is actually a Launcher now. Previously it was just a means to run a game, now it’s a Launcher through which you can select an installed Rockstar game to run.

Edit: Has changes I wanted Rockstar to implement for over a year now as well.

2 Likes

We so need GOG Galaxy 2.0 to come out of Beta and launch already. (Or accept more people into the Beta GOG! I have a monstrous library, spread all over the place that I’ll gladly let you test with.)

2 Likes

I dont have a big problem with this. I have my shortcuts on the desktop. If I run a game from the shortcut it launches the game and whatever launcher it needs to go with it. No big deal.

2 Likes

Won’t work for me. Not putting 200+ shortcuts on the desktop.

Need gog 2.0 asap

1 Like

The only desktop icon I have is the Recycle Bin, Chrome in the Taskbar and most used icons in the Start menu.

1 Like

Social club became a launcher? HAHAHAHAHHA, that was one buggy piece of crap to start with.

2 Likes

Next from microsoft: Games for windows live launcher XD

2 Likes

Ha, you joke. I use their Game Pass launcher.

https://www.xbox.com/en-ZA/xbox-game-pass/pc-games

3 Likes

As is, it’s not technical a Social Club Launcher, just a Game Launcher, as there is nothing Social about it in it’s current iteration. And yes, the Social Club Launcher is ass.

2 Likes

I love a good clean desktop, or at the very least a well organised one. But surely you do not install 200 games at once? I only i stall the games I am currently playing. So 10 games at most.

Aaaaaanyway, I do see the frustration at another launcher, luckily I am not fussed.

Why not? I have all my steam,origin,gog,ect installed. Just my steam collection alone is 265 games. Only reason not to have your games installed is if you have a space issue.

This :relaxed:

1 Like

aL09W55_460

5 Likes

As messed up as this is I always had a issue with GTA V when i formatted my PC. This makes it alot better to get it working.

Things that (almost) immediately stood out to me when investigating the Launcher - so far…

• Simple and minimalist design (for now).
  • Download speed throttling, which, in the past, was unavailable - so you’re downloading at your line’s max rate
  • As with Uplay - discovering installed/copied folder and just discovering files.
  • The function to pause a download and not lose data downloaded (pausing and resuming).
1 Like

Can you pause and resume the downloads. Also does it handle corrupted files better this time around since I wasted over 80 gigs trying to download gta 5. Because of one file that was corrupt and would not get past 40gig mark.