Rugby World Cup 2019

Japan is on freaking fire today really fun to watch their game.

3 Likes

I really hope they make it through to the QF’s. They should finish second in their pool and then knock the AB’s out!

What, a man can dream, can’t he?

2 Likes

So Eng v Fra and NZ v Italy have officially been cancelled due to the approaching typhoon. Neither of those were likely to hugely impact the final pool standings (unless France somehow upset the Poms, which was unlikely methinks). However, Jap vs Sco is now also in doubt, and that’s a huuuuge game as far as the Boks are concerned. If it’s called off, we play Japan in the QFs while NZ face the Irish.

1 Like

I feel bad for Italy. Their chances of making the quarter finals have now been completely smashed. They just needed to win with a bonus point.

1 Like

Against the AB’s… No biggie :smiley:

Had they done it, NZ would have been knocked out. Italy Captain Sergio Parisse says the decision is disrespectful towards them, and if NZ had needed a win to qualify for the knockouts, the game would not have been called off. I’m inclined to agree with him.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Italy would have destroyed the All Blacks. :smiley:

2 Likes

In the red card department, at least.

1 Like

All jokes aside, I’m a bit surprised that there are no contingency plans especially considering that they knew they were holding the World Cup during typhoon season and had many years to prepare.

2 Likes

Many people are asking that question; yes. Surely you could make a plan to move the match or use a reserve day? Time doesn’t seem to be an issue; there are nine days left until the first QF’s are played.

2 Likes

Many people are.

1 Like

Well the Ausies are having a hard time.

1 Like

And nzl as dangerous as ever. Just a shame Ireland could not even score some points.

Edit: Well well well and there they score.

1 Like

That is going to be one Semi final between NZL and England.

2 Likes

And then today it looks like the French are going to win against the Welsh… It just shows you how much some teams cannot deal with QF pressure.

Let’s hope the boks have they heads on right!

1 Like

Sheesh, Wales made it through by a hair.

2 Likes

So we did beat Japan.

2 Likes

I thought this was a spoof, but its real :joy:

2 Likes

Lol.
Nippon ga ichibandesu! :jp:

Haha I’ll watch that.

Well there’s a turnup for the books…

2 Likes