Rugby World Cup 2019

I just realised that the Rugby World Cup starts tomorrow.

The times are kinda crappy. Who is going to be watching?

Will definitely try and watch SA vs NZ though.

4 Likes

I’ll also definitely be watching the SA vs NZ game

2 Likes

There’s 3 MEW Superbru pools if people haven’t joined yet. Just do a search for Most Epic Win.

3 Likes

Why 3?

Anyhow, will follow as much as I can, certainly. I’m one of the millions of South Africans that live in the DSTV blackout though.

3 Likes

Was coincidentally on Superbru…

Here’s a direct link to the MEW RWC Predictor Pool: https://www.superbru.com/worldcup_predictor/pool.php?p=12110292

And to the MEW Club Games Room where you’ll find links to the 2 RWC Fantasy pools, and the other Superbru games to join: https://www.superbru.com/club/mostepicwin/join_pools.php

2 Likes

The main Predictor pool, and 2 Fantasy pools - a Daily Fantasy pool, and a standard Fantasy pool.

4 Likes

Thanks @GregRedd! Appreciate it.

4 Likes

Thats what reminded me of the RWC, got an email from SuperBru saying hey Chom don’t forget to make your picks.

3 Likes

Ok cool. Predictor it is then.

2 Likes

In terms of the actual tournament… AB’s must still be favourites, but I’m quietly confident that the Boks can go all the way. Aus and England will challenge, but I don’t think Ireland and Wales will go as well as they seem to think.

Here is a link to Superbru’s handy knockout calculator, so you can work out for yourself how things might go.

4 Likes

My new office has a TV and a surround sound system in it. I will be watching as much as possible

5 Likes

Done:

But probably more realistically:

2 Likes

We have a truly special bok squad, Im all about the RWC at the moment. Even gaming Rugby.

4 Likes

1 Like

@DieGrootHammer and @Solitude crushing it on the MEW Superbru RWC Pool after the opening matches. Me, not so much.

And I love it when grumpy fans edit Wikipedia pages, even if it doesn’t last too long:

5 Likes

Hehe thanks @GregRedd. It was a good Superbru weekend for me. Hopefully it’ll continue.

2 Likes

I’m 38th, so chin up haha. Also, that Wiki edit hahaha.

2 Likes

How is this Japan vs Ireland Rugby game?! Omw!

4 Likes

Unbelievable. Imagine us not having to play Ireland in the quarters.

2 Likes

Important win for the Boks against Italy. Execution could have been much better, but at least we should be assured of a place in the QF’s now. As for who the opponents will be…

2 Likes