SABC TV licence payment not reflecting

Morning peoples.

Damnit, like a good law abiding citizen I paid my tv license earlier in the week on their website. Only for them to send an email today to say that I must pay and if I go to their website it shows I didn’t pay. Emailed them the details from FNB showing that I did pay.

I should just not pay it anymore.

5 Likes

That is still a thing people do? O_o

4 Likes

Exactly the same happened to me. Even worse, when I paid I got a nice error page showing that the payment was successful, but my balance couldn’t be updated and it would be updated soon. 2 days later (this morning) I get a nice “statement” showing that I still owe the outstanding money.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s exactly the same as me! Similar time frame and everything!

3 Likes

You need a valid licence to be able to buy a TV.

4 Likes

Even though ours are paid and up to date, my dad had to use my one brother’s details to get a new license for a tv when his old tv broke. We showed the payment is up to date, and still get calls to pay.

3 Likes

I bought my bedroom tv last year without one :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah you are supposed to. But there are many ways to bypass that.
I have never had a TV License, and see no point why I need to pay that

5 Likes

Fair enough but for me it’s easier to just pay the licence.

4 Likes

I havent watched an SABC channel in Years, im already paying tax through my ears, why must i pay for additional licences for services that i dont make use of.

5 Likes

my SIL lives in NZ and she is not abe to cancel her tv license…they want proof she sold her tv(which she didnt, they took them with) and cannot cancel it without proof. They still have RA’s here and their house which they have not been able to sell so have to continue paying the license until they have nothing left here…

its really a pain in the ass to get rid of the tv license once you have it.

4 Likes

@Solitude and @FarligOpptreden: This sounds like it might be a general issue worth reporting. Could you send me the details of what happened to you and your account numbers (will only share with SABC if they ask)? :arrow_right: [email protected]

5 Likes

Sure will send it to you.

2 Likes

Mail sent!

3 Likes

Sent mine too!

2 Likes

In the breaking article don’t forget to mention “users of the AMAZINGLY awesome mostepic.win forum posted issues” :smiley:

6 Likes

That error page on the SABC website is:

delicious

2 Likes

Is that Barbara Palvin? She’s so pretty.

I have no idea… I literally searched for “delicious gif”.

2 Likes

Yep she’s delicious alright. Haha. Okay I’ll let myself out.

2 Likes