SARS E-Filing

My guys dont want to update my irp5 with my correct banking details - so not in the mood for that shit

Argh, second time that I’ve been selected for audit. Last year I was lucky but not this year.

1 Like

I really need to get my but in gear, but I suspect I will be audited just because of the fooken bank details

1 Like

I got the cash in my account on Saturday. Quite a fast turnaround time

1 Like

When was your stuff submitted?

Wednesday night

They needed some documents of mine to review, so my returns are quite delayed as a result I reckon

Not by a lot - a week or 2

1 Like

Ouch. Thats stiff. The Customs side of SARS tends to finish document reviews within 2 days.

And I have submitted, and being audited, but they just wanted my medical aid certificate

So sent that thru to them

Hopefully it wont take long

1 Like

They wanted to verify some of my documents as well. Going onto 3 weeks now waiting for an update

You should probably try phone the call centre and have a moan, and escalate. I believe they give themselves a 15 day turnaround time.

Will it help? Maybe. Probably not.

I hope not, the little I am getting back will help pay unisa

1 Like

I still don’t understand how you all get money back.

How it exactly works - I cant tell you. It has to do with my medical aid not paying all my expenses. Plus the fact that I still earn under the minimum limit that you have to earn yearly.

1 Like

In my case, the accounts dept don’t take into account deductions (medical aid, RA) when calculating the PAYE deduction on my salary. I therefore overpay tax every month

1 Like

I pay for my own retirement annuity and medical aid so I claim on that when I do my returns.

1 Like

Work expenses on my side and medical expenses (above and beyond medical aid contributions) on my wife’s side. It’s never that much though, except last year we got back R17k due to extreme medical expenses in the 2016-2017 tax year. We still had to rack up medical bills exceeding R60k though…

Yeah, I never get anything back either. Eskom’s PAYE is quite good. Medical also goes off my wife’s salary, not mine, so she usually gets money back.

I love sars
I get this when I try to log in