Sekiro Shadows Die Twice

Awesome man, you won’t regret it.

I’ve only played a few minutes so far (had some things to do), but I am super glad I got it. Don’t even regret losing 10 games to get it one bit. The character moves much faster than other FROM games and I can already tell the combat is going to be amazing. So far parrying is actually not that hard to pull off, but that will probably change as tougher enemies are introduced.

Gonna jump back in in a few minutes.

Not yet, but it is very hard to resist. Will definitely be getting it somewhere down the line though.

It’s not easy. :sob: :joy:

or you just really suck…

1 Like

there is a competition for this game if anyone is interested:

https://sekirothegame.co.za/

2 Likes

Ja dit ook. Nog nie 'n boss gesien nie maar eerste mini boss my so 5 keer geroer.

This game has like a “training mode” where you can try out all your moves and stuff in combat, which is great. When I’m there I manage to get the timing for parries, dodges and all that just right, but as soon as I enter real combat all that goes out the window and I just die instantly.

Here’s me (barely) beating the second miniboss (took me about 10 tries):

1 Like

Man, this game is AMAZING!!!

If you’re on the fence, go and get it.

@Hiro how goes your travels in Ashina?

This game is kicking my ass six ways to Sunday and I love it.

Currently stuck at two different bosses, but I’m farming a bit now to get some skill points and Sen.

Some tips if you’re not aware:

• Hold R1/RB for a charged heavy attack.
  • Buy coin pouches (you lose some Sen) to prevent you from losing half your Sen when you die

I started practising kenjutsu last year and have really been looking forward to this game.

Hopefully I’ll have some time to make it worth picking up soon…

1 Like

I accidentally killed a merchant NPC :frowning: decided to restart as it was fairly early on. General encounters are much easier than previous FROM titles. The mini bosses though are kicking my ass. Still trying to get the feel for reading their animations. It’s so fast that you need lightning reflexes to react accordingly. But overall, loving it. How is it going on your side ?

2 Likes

I’m doing okay I would say. Just killed the one boss I was struggling with and now (it looks like) I have a few different options of where to go next.

I have four different shinobi tools so far and I’ve also started upgrading one of them. I have also unlocked three different skill trees to get skills from.

The game is definitely more challenging than soulsborne games for me, especially since I can’t summon for bosses/minibosses.

1 Like

be careful. this is technically against the law now.

1 Like

Isn’t it for streaming only? Also, has that law actually been passed? Also, how do they plan on enforcing it?

1 Like

no its for everything. dont know about the enforcing of it. but they can if they want to. it can still get veto’d hopefully.

1 Like

Here’s another one before they lock me up:

2 Likes

This isn’t necessarily true. That said, the law/amendment is still rubbish. The Amendment Bill is currently with the President to be signed into law, though.

Damn… I see there’s a lot of confusion about this. Let me contact the lawyers and see if I can do an article for MEW.

4 Likes

I’m enjoying Sekiro so far. I love the movement and combat. It’s a bit like Nioh and Ninja Gaiden. The difference between this and a Souls game or Nioh is that there seems to be less character customisation.

I don’t mind this but it might be hard to work around difficult enemies because you won’t be able to grind and level up or choose different equipment to help you. You can choose different skills but I think most builds will be kind of the same.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s exactly the thing. Unlike souls you can’t go farm for a couple of hours and boost your stats to overpower enemies or whatever. In Sekiro you actually have to learn to play the game properly :stuck_out_tongue:

You can still grind for skill points, but that’s not gonna help you much with defeating tough enemies.

1 Like

Sorry, Off Topic but we’ve got some FPB people here at work for training again today. I told the trainer to give them a couple of klappe.

5 Likes