Selling: GTX1080-8GB for R5000 and RX580-4GB for R2000

Wanted to give y’all first dibs on these before listing them on Carbonite.

I’m flogging a stack of graphics cards we bought for cryptocurrency mining back in 2017. Since mining quickly became unprofitable if you had to pay for your own electricity, these cards were only used for mining for 8-9 months before the rigs were turned off.

They have been idle for 2 years, but I checked that they were all working a few months ago. My wife has been using one of the GTX 1080 OC cards for around a year now and had no issues.

Got three types of cards for sale:

All cards are 3 years old with no warranties. Went on Carbonite to see what these kinds of cards were going for nowadays, so I think I’ve priced fairly, but let me know if I’ve missed the mark.

4 Likes

damn, if I had not just bought my CPU I would get that 1080, no chance you can save it for me for next year when I can get some cash again? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hey @SIGSTART, can you please confirm that they do in fact have 3x DisplayPorts on those 1080s?

Asking for a friend :smile:

4 Likes

Can indeed confirm: 3× DisplayPort, 1× HDMI, 1× DVI.

Just realised that I’m going to need to get some kind of tester to make sure all the DisplayPorts work. I don’t think I have a monitor that has a DisplayPort connector.

2 Likes

My friend decided against it. Thanks @SIGSTART!

I would have loved to stick another GPU in my PC, but dont have another slot available :unamused:

3 Likes

If Raru refunds me one day for the Switch dock order I canceled I might be interested in one of those RX580’s. I have a RX460 at the moment so I’m guessing I will see an improvement if I do go for it.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can comment. Will it be worth going from an RX460 4GB to an RX580 4GB? Obviously I’m not looking to play the latest games at 4K 120FPS. I just want to know if it will be a noticeable and worthwhile improvement.

2 Likes

I’ve done some reading and it seems that RX580 will be a nice upgrade for me, it should give me 60FPS on most games at 1080p (currently I play a lot of games at 900p at sub 60)

However, it doesn’t look like Raru is going to refund me anytime soon (someone on another forum waited more than a month). I’ll see what happens but I’m probably going to have to wait until the next payday and then have a look at the budget.

2 Likes

One of the standard GTX 1080s has sold to an off-forum friend of mine.

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I do have 6 of those cards, so there is a chance that I’ll still have one available by the time you’re ready.

1 Like

Cool stuff.

Hopefully the universe is not as against me getting a GPU as it is against me getting a new Switch Dock. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll definitely let you know if I can afford one of those and if you still have one left by that time then awesome and if not that’s fine too.

1 Like

Second card sold, along with an old Antec P180 case I had lying around. Decluttering is fun!

1 Like

I love it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Decluttering for fun and profit.

2 Likes

I’m about 80% sure I’ll take one of the RX580’s if you still have one. Just waiting for payday (which is sadly on the last day of the month) to double check the finances. I will send you a DM/PM as soon everything is in place.

2 Likes

Sweet! Still have one and will hold it for you.

2 Likes

Anyone else maybe seliing a gpu 8gb? Also if some of you have a Ryzen 7 2700x for sale?

1 Like

I still have some of these on sale. Which one would you prefer?

1 Like

As soon as I have time I’ll check through them all :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Anybody have any nvidia graphics cards for sale?

1 Like

Not secondhand but got an email this morning that 3060 cards are now available. Let me go look…

https://www.wootware.co.za/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-family

2 Likes

Gfx Card prices are scary these days. The XX60 cards are usually the mainstream, midrange cards. Midrange for over R10k?!

2 Likes