Should I buy Any Fallout game (Just to drive Soli insane)

• Heck yes
  • Heck no

0 voters

Considering I havent played ANY Fallout game as of yet, should I spoil myself since its half off on steam right now and since I am working 2 jobs, I can get it.

1 Like

Before voting just make sure it will work on windows 10. If I recall correctly it was one of those games that used GFWL and recently I tried Dirt 2 and it wouldn’t work at all.

1 Like

Good point, I didnt take that into consideration

Even better, buy Fallout New Vegas instead. It’s the better game and it definitely works on Windows 10. It also has a big total conversion mod on the way that looks really good.

Fallout 3 is still a great game though so you can’t go wrong with it either, NV is just better.

EDIT: The only issue with both of these games is that the engine is older than time (gamebryo) and I have experienced some performance issues with it and Windows 10. On Windows 7 NV ran at like 100FPS constantly on W10 it averaged around 30FPS and it also crashed quite a bit.

2 Likes

Id also suggest trying New Vegas rather as I enjoyed it so much more than 3. 3 was pretty good though.

1 Like

I would honestly say get Fallout 3! It’s a great game, but don’t except a traditional FPS game.

I played, and still am playing it from time to time on Xbox and it’s great. I have tried to run it on PC though, and never got it to work well on Windows 10. The GoG version of the game has these compatibility issues sorted so I would rather suggest waiting for a sale there and get the GoG version of the game for PC. Will work much better than the Steam version.

3 Likes

Then I might grab new vegas - cos its also on special Capture

2 Likes

Yeah thats a great deal. The DLC for NV is also pretty damn good.

I just realised I have Fallout 3 installed on my PC and I tried to run it but it doesn’t even launch. I should add that it’s installed from retail disc before steam was a thing and it was not installed on this installation of Windows (I formatted my PC) so that might be the issue.

1 Like

I just never have played any of them, so I wanna see what the fuss is about :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s also a special for Fallout 4 on Fanatical at the moment - about R120. But you’ll have to move fast as it’s a time and key limited offer with only about 3 hours or so and very few keys left.

1 Like

I liked Fallout 3. It is like an “introduction” to the Fallout series. It has a crap ending (or rather, no ending), but it is still fun nonetheless. There is a patch to remove GFWL which makes the startup much faster.

I would get Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4 and play them in order. Then you can see how the games evolved over time and especially makes you appreciate the improvements in the 4th one.

2 Likes

You guys are making it difficult! I can get the one not alllllllllllll of them, so which one should I take

New Vegas I’d say

3 Likes

Sorry to have added to your confusion :slight_smile:

If you want to stick to a Steam-based buy so you can use up some wallet cash or some such and your choice is between either FO3 or FO:NV then definitely New Vegas. That NV Ultimate deal is excellent, and NV is a much better game all round compared to FO3.

2 Likes

Its a case of which one will pull me in and make me understand the facination of the game :stuck_out_tongue:

Plus the main thing is my budget is R100 ish - I dont wanna go overboard

New Vegas definitely. Obsidian’s writing blows that of Bethesda out the water so I reckon it will pull you in much better.

2 Likes

Definitely New Vegas Ultimate then.

Just do it already!!

2 Likes

@Wyvern I see I’m the only person to vote no. I did not enjoy Fallout 3 that much. I loved Fallout 1 and 2 back in the day. And Fallout Tactics too.

Fallout 3 was boring.

Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 are great. Actually Fallout 4 for me is the best Fallout since Fallout 2.

I’ve written Fallout so many times in this post that it has burned into my eyes.

2 Likes

Hhahahaha thanks guys I will grab NV and try it out. I will then get 4 at a later stage.

2 Likes

New Vegas was good. If you like it then you can try 4.

4 is actually exceptional in my opinion. I loved that game. But make sure you like the Fallout type game before paying more for something that you may not like.

2 Likes