Sim Racing Hub

Loool everytime

1 Like

Sophia has a new rig!! And it’s amazing! Check the video description for the details. And prepare to drool.

At the rig, right?

4 Likes

At Evetech.

1 Like

Except it’s 30% on, not off

My hands are still hurting from the Raceface endurance on Sunday + 2x 40min MNR races on Monday AND Corona Cup on Tuesday.

Where can I get some affordable racing gloves?

2 Likes

I have a pair of Sparco Meca gloves from Amazon, but you can now find them locally:

2 Likes

Weaklings! :laughing:

/says the guy with a DFGT wheel

3 Likes

Looks like it would make for a good Christmas gift :grimacing:

3 Likes

Cycling gloves work just as well, and they’re a quarter of the price :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Come to think of it, I have a golf glove. Just need to change my driving style by leaning back and driving like a gangsta

3 Likes

Especially since you lot don’t need proper flame retardent gloves

1 Like

Well, that’s because you haven’t heard me rage on Discord yet. I may need some flame retardent gloves and suit to keep me from spontaneously combusting of rage.

3 Likes

I think your opponents might need some as well! You often spit fire! :fire:

4 Likes

Not sure if we’ve covered this here yet, but it’s getting closer to becoming an actual thing, so even if we have, it’s worth mentioning…

In early March this year, the RaceDepartment folk announced that they were developing a new sim racing platform: simracing.gp

Simracing.GP is a new online platform for simracing esports aiming to provide a better racing experience. The platform simplifies managing and hosting online practice sessions, single races, and championships. SGP is a joint venture between RaceDepartment – world’s largest sim racing and motorsport website – and US-based technology investor Nascent.
https://simracing.gp/2020/03/04/new-esports-platform-aims-to-be-an-umbrella-service-for-racing-games/

Proposed platform features include:

• MANAGE LEAGUES AND TOURNAMENTS WITH EASE: All race, event and participant information on a single platform
  • INTEGRATED GAME SERVERS: Enjoy your game with simple to launch and join game servers
  • NO-HASSLE IMPORT OF RACE RESULTS: Simplify race event management with automatic import of results and standings publishing
  • SUPERCHARGE YOUR TEAM EXPERIENCE: Dedicated pages for team presentation, including automatic import of results from race events
  • TRACK YOUR DRIVER PERFORMANCE: Dedicated driver pages with all race event performance, with results updated automatically
  • ATTRACT NEW TEAM AND LEAGUE SPONSORS: Dynamic sponsor marketplace enabling teams to compete for sponsorship contracts

Chris Haye did a promotional video for the service at the time too:

Since then a lot of changes have been made and the platform has developed a lot. Private closed beta testing has been happening for a while now, and now waitlisted applicants are gradually being invited to join the platform as it scales up before the public launch in April/May 2021.

You can join the Waitlist from the link on that page too.

1 Like

I have been on the waitlist for a while… Holding thumbs to get it tested for our MEW leagues!

1 Like

From the MNR discord.

3 Likes

Actually Senna said that first :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like