Sim Racing Hub

Oh yes definitely, it’s his quote!

I’ve been thinking this week about my sim racing hobby, and I can’t help but feel a bit burned out at the moment. Especially with the ACC Raceface league I’m currently participating in. With the run of bad luck and issues I’ve had in every single race so far, it’s wearing me down.

I started the season looking forward to each race, starting the week with a clear training plan and goals for each race. I tried my best to get into the correct head space for each race. And every time I left the race feeling down, disappointed and frustrated. It really hasn’t been a good run.

But then I think that every sport and every hobby has these ups and downs, and you will never go through a single season of any sport just doing well and having every race go exactly like you planned. That is how life works.

So I won’t be quitting the Raceface season despite my head and heart telling me to do so. I will soldier on and try my best for the remaining races.

3 Likes

Glad to hear that! It’s also been a tough start with tracks that were not your favourite. But you are starting to get into your groove again. If not for the disconnect (something entirely out of your control) you would have finished 2nd! Which is a fantastic result especially considering the level of competition this season. So there is no (predictable) reason that you shouldn’t be contending up front for the remainder of the season.

2 Likes

Follow your passion man. It’s one of marvels, that keep the boring and mundane at bay. Stick with the team mates / drivers / friends that have a similar passion, and you can weather any kak moments, to fight and claim the elusive golden moments, that we all yearn for.

4 Likes

As a result of my feeling towards ACC leagues at the moment, I tried my hand again with Assetto Corsa. I downloaded even more mods and played A LOT with the settings and stuff. And my word I’ve enjoyed it so bloody much! The AI racing has been great. Not looking for a league right now but at the moment just enjoying driving different cars around awesome tracks.

2 Likes

Dude, you have been missing out on some awesome Corona Cup action :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Sim Racing for you is like golf used to be for me. I liked it, I looked forward to it, but I was terrible. Yet I only needed to hit one great shot per round to make me come back for more punishment! So go win a race already!

@DieGrootHammer, you are obviously a talented driver, so dont let a few bad races get you down! This is exactly what I felt like last year when we were doing F1, Dirt Rally, Corona Cup, MNR, iRacing, MEWRL, etc. It was just too much! But then it also took a shift of attitude and a more focused goal.

My goal was simply to be more consistent and predictable. So I dropped all sims and all of their cars for one sim and one car. I slowly got better and better and I feel I am having some of the best races of my life in the big Bentley. I really know the tricks of the car, I am getting to know the tracks, and the competition is fierce, so I am always tested, never bored. I am loving this hobby more now than ever!

4 Likes

Such a silver tongue! Well said!

This is maybe a little rough, but an excellent way to start a track based around your local neighbourhood! Very solid foundation to start with!

2 Likes

spa as a weapon

1 Like

Jimmerbobimmer’s first real race in the Praga R1!

3 Likes

If you didn’t already watch this from Video of the Day

2 Likes

I have heard of BeamNG but not Automation. Now I am scared to look and lose many hour of my life! THANKS!!!

1 Like

I’ve made so many cars to chuck around that track. 224 hours in Automation and counting :upside_down_face:

Let me just forewarn by letting you know that Automation’s learning curve is quite steep, it helps to know what compression, cam profiles, back pressure, ignition timing, suspension setup, tyre dimensions, etc does to a cars handling and performance. The UI is really intuitive so it’s not just a excel sheet full of numbers, but it definitely helps to know the mechanics.

…or you can just turn everything to 11 and YOLO.

A while go I thought of having a challenge, something like building a car:

• Within a certain budget
  • Engineering time limit (can’t design a perfect a car that would take 10 years to build)
  • Tech limit, e.g. 60’s, 70’s, 80’s

but that would require people to have both games…

I am down with that!

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Formula 1 Thread

2 Likes

Sim Racers on Holiday

3 Likes

So much sand on the track

1 Like

Good old Bridgehampton

1 Like