Sim Racing Hub

@oltman

4 Likes

Oh my gosh… Switching to Fanatec right now!

That Bentley looks a little chinkier than a normal GT3. I suspect that is Pikes Peak trim.

Edit: just saw the fine print on the video :rofl:

Further details - this wheel is insane:
https://bentley.fanatec.com/

I laughed at this comment on the video:

finally a wheel I can use for my Bentley GT3 and in the simrig - this will save me a lot of money

2 Likes

Found the perfect motherboard for sim racers… Will certainly help with all the stuff I need to plug in :wink:

4 Likes

Raceroom racers!

Is Raceroom worth the effort to try out?
Where does it fit in the realism hierarchy:

1. Need for Speed
  2. Dirt
  3. Project Cars
  4. AC
  5. ACC
  6. Raceroom here?
  7. iRacing

I would put Raceroom at 4 and move the rest down. Its fun but hard to pin point how accurate it is. I only ever play when they have free weekends.

1 Like

Thanks! It felt like it was marketed as a bit more realistic, hence my 6. If the others agree with you, it kinda feels like I can get my RaceRoom kicks in AC already.

iRacing most realistic? lolwut Also ACC more realistic that AC, y’all on crack

1 Like

You know… since you guys are ranking realism here. I once had to explain to someone what I do on a Tuesday night. So I was saying sim racing, they didn’t know what it means. So I said, like Gran Turismo but even more realistic, then they were like, what’s more realistic than Gran Turismo? To which I replied, the games I play, AC and ACC. Granted I only ever played Gran Turismo 2 or some kak, but I’m sure it’s nowhere AC levels.

Which lead me to think, where does games like GT and Forza fall…

1 Like

GT Sport is probably Project Cars 2 category realism. Forza is same, but if you want to split hairs, then GT Sport is probably more realistic than Forza Motorsport, but not on the same level as Project Cars 2. PC3 is strond though. Through and through

@Avatar Raceroom is F2P. You pay for content. I don’t see many drivers playing locally, but on the international discords I’m in, they drive weekly. I drove it briefly when they last overhauled the FFB, and quite frankly, it now kicks the shit out of every sim’s implementation of FFB, except AC. You know exactly what’s going on the cars, the break away is progressive and obvious. On the limit handling isn’t black magic like ACC or snappy like AMS2. What’s more, many of the free cars are touring cars, which are relatively easy to drive anyway.

3 Likes

But PC2 is still below AC, ACC, iRacing, AM2, etc?

1 Like

The Project Cars on my list only refers to PC and PC2.

The current realistic rating according to multiple racers and various video sources are;

1. rFactor 2
  2. ACC
  3. Raceroom Experience
  4. iRacing
  5. AC
  6. AMS 2
  7. PC 2
  8. GT Sport
  9. Forza 7
3 Likes

Let’s be honest, these are all opinions, and siting the masses isn’t enough to qualify a list.

1 Like

Absolutely, as it is not a quantifiable metric. But when multiple driving coaches, real life drivers and many MANY people with experience driving real life race cars around a track says so, I tend to agree with them…

1 Like

rFactor 2 has some major physics car problems, no one tells you about.
ACC is dead feeling over the limit
iRacing can’t doesn’t seem to model oversteer correctly, only death. Also, there plenty of nascar and normal track drivers bitching about iRacing and losing traction and just not being able to catch it, compared to real life.

Simulators should model everything, racing and drifting, because you know, physics should care what race mode you’re in, and receiving enough info to actually catch a slide, is kinda core to racing.

1 Like

OK, lets do this, best SIMULATION:

1. BeamNG
  2. AC
  3. ACC
  4. rFactor 2
  5. iRacing
  6. AutoMobilista 2
  7. Raceroom
  8. Project Cars 1 and 2
  9. GT Sport
  10. Forza 7
  11. Need for Speed
  12. Mario Kart
  13. Outrun
  14. Text based racing game
  15. Project Cars 3

DISCLAIMER: according to me, and only me, and nobody else, unless you are cool and know how to pretend you know what you are talking about.

5 Likes

Where do i buy that text based racing game? Is it a MUD?

2 Likes

I laughed out loud at this one, well played!

1 Like
        _______
       //  ||\ \
 _____//___||_\ \___
 )  _          _    \
 |_/ \________/ \___|
___\_/________\_/______

You are in a car. The lights go from RED to GREEN.

/>_