Sim Racing Leagues (Outside of MEW)

I had an Alonso kind of race… his virtual 24hr Le Mans race. A lagging Bentley caused utter chaos on the opening straight, cars wrecking all over the place, I dodged as much as I could but eventually got smashed. So that was a lengthy time in the pits. Then later while making my mandatory pit stop within the window, my pc froze and I had to reboot. Once I was back in the race it turned out that my mandatory pitstop wasn’t counted and so I had to pit AGAIN. So I was 4 laps down, but on the plus side I kept up well with the guys in 10th and 11th, eventually passing them (not that it made a difference) so I’m encouraged that if I have an incident free race (well the things you can’t control at least) I might be able to crack top 10.

1 Like

Loadshedding causing problems but it looks like tonight’s races will still go ahead. Luckily we don’t have any loadshedding scheduled over here.

So who all is taking on the 90 minutes of Misano tonight. I have never driven that track so I wonder if I’m ready, especially for 90 minutes. But I suppose that 90 minutes will be a 90 minute practice session for me then XD

Not for me tonight. I’ll Jin tomorrow in the AC league but I’ve also never driver Misano, I don’t even know how the track looks like, let alone where to brake and turn

Would love to join but I’ve got a Zoom meeting.

Definitely needed the practice for Thursday’s RaceFace at Misano though. It’s not an easy track. And it’s really easy to miss your braking point or confuse which corner is coming up in the dark (as they’re doing a night race).

I am racing! Also never driven it, but 90 mins should be enough practise for Thursday :joy:

1 Like

I had a great race, except for that one idiot, that seemed to give a lot of other people problems with his lack of track awareness. As with all tracks, Misano grew on me. 7th in AM race. Not too shabby nige

4 Likes

Hahaha that was the moment when @oltman’s stream became Rated 18. If anyone has not heard @aldyr absolutely lose his shit before. Watch @oltman’s stream from last night and wait for(or skip to) lap 32/33.

I enjoyed the race despite being super unprepared, never drove Misano in any game in my life before. Qualifying was literally practice for me. But managed a decent 17th place. Glad I did the race. But yooooh, I was tired AF after that.

2 Likes

SEnd me a link!!!

Wait untill he asks, “can I mess up your stream?”

1 Like

BWAHAHAHAHA @aldyr that was brilliant!

Sorry! I let my emotional baggage leak out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nope that was epic I love it!

We all need to be able to do that - you were very calm - I would not have been

Twitch stream looks good @oltman

1 Like

Thanks :wink: The “incident” is at 1:58:30, if anyone else wants to see what they need to be careful of racing against @aldyr :grin:

I blame @aldyr for distracting me… I cut a small corner after a bit of a spin and got a DQ… And I was well into the points too…

3 Likes

@aldyr’s call to @oltman during the race:

5 Likes

Tried the GT4 Beemer at heavy rain Monza. Was going ok, i think was 6th or 7th, and then game crashed :sob:
2nd race was a GT3 Bentley with Champagne and Caviar in the dry at Silverstone. Amazing race, with at least 4 one on one battles. Best race by far in ACC.

My first podium in ACC MNR!

3 Likes

I had fun races as well tonight in MNR. Two mistakes cause me to lose wins in both races. I was leading Monza in the rain in GT3 BU more than 11 seconds, but my stupidity had me run out of fuel on the last lap. I fueled the car without taking the formation lap into concideration. Such stupidity, much loss.

Second race I scored my first pole position, and after turn 1 was leading the race. With a gap of just over 4 seconds I was feeling confident. And then a back marker took me out. He spun and came back onto the track in a awkward position and took me out. Ended the race in second place. Still a great result and I must say I am super enjoying the MNR racing.

2 Likes

Report the incident or they won’t learn!

PS: I have such FOMO!