Sony PlayStation 5

A place for all info and news regarding the new console and it’s release.

6 Likes

5 Likes

kinda underwhelming, why waste so much resources just for a logo reveal, they could have atleast revealed the final console look or even the controller, instead we have to find out how the controller looks via spy pics from a cleaner at ubisoft

5 Likes
2 Likes

Yet the logo reveal has 5.2 Million likes on Instagram vs 1.8 Million for Xbox Series X reveal trailer.

The logo for the next console has almost three times as many likes as the reveal of the actual opposition console.

1 Like

That’s the power of mystery.

Its up on the website now.

3 Likes

PlayStation 5 Manufacturing Costs Reportedly at ‘Around $450 Per Unit’

The biggest problem appears to be a “reliable supply of DRAM and NAND flash memory.”

1 Like

That sounds pretty high. I wonder what the final price will look like.

If those costs are accurate, and they launch it at $499 (??) against the PS Pro 4’s $399, I reckon South African buyers are looking at a R9000+ retail price, with maybe a launch game or two thrown in.

thats pretty cheap considering whats going to be in there, the ps3 manufacturing costs was about $800 and sony lost about $300 on each console they sold, that was ridiculous

2 Likes

Sony posted the specs of the PlayStation 5 on its blog last night after Mark Cerny’s “deep dive”.

4 Likes

Nice. I wonder if current gamers will stick to their brands. For instance I will continue on with XBox because I’ve been with them since the 360.

2 Likes

I’ve got nothing against Xbox, but I’m buying a PS5 first so I can play Bloodborne on it. No idea when I’ll buy one, not sure how secure my job is at the moment due to this whole Covid 19 mess.

2 Likes

i was too tired last nite for this article, one thing ive noticed is the Ps5 Gpu has a higher clock speed than the series X GPU, but the Series x has higher cpu clocks than the ps5, i suspect the series x will have better raytracing capabilities since even mark cerny said that with RT enabled performance will take a hit, whereas according to DF raytracing on the series x is pretty impressive with no substantial hit in performance when they experienced the minecraft RT demo

4 Likes

5 Likes

i like the new shape but not the colour though, never been a fan of white controllers, with the original 360 when the elite was released i immediately got myself a black controller and the same with the wii.

interesting article on wccftech on the power disparity between the 2 consoles

4 Likes

9 Likes

MS copied their share button, they copied the ms controller ergonomics

3 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/omhUyyk.jpg someone shared some pics of how it should look like in black.

4 Likes