Sony PlayStation 5

They will make up for the loss in sales. They showed more gameplay in the first 5 minutes last night than the entire MS event. Sure, there were a lot of indie games that would probably run on current hardware but Spider-Man 2, Horizon, Ratchet and Demon’s Souls. Those are console sellers.

2 Likes

It’s a Reddit thing, so I’m guessing that this is a clever attempt at online humour by @murfle? At least I thought it was pretty funny.

3 Likes

Don’t forget GT7. People love them some GT.

4 Likes

Microsoft havent had their first party show yet, thats coming in July. Ms also really doesnt care how much consoles they sell, as phil spencer said, its the Games that make the money and at the moment more people have access to play ms published games than sony published one’s, yes horizon and death stranding are coming to pc but thats a sliver compared to the expanding ms catalogue thats available to play on multiple devices.

4 Likes

I expected more from the event. I was thinking that there would be more heavy hitting games be displayed, but except for GT7 and the new Horizon game, nothing else looked interesting to me. I also don’t like the look of the console. Great that they went with a striking design, it’s just not for me.

3 Likes

Expanding catalogue of games that don’t include Sony’s amazing platform exclusives. That’s the whole point. The games will sell the consoles (just look at what Animal Crossing did for the Switch) and then Sony will keep releasing great exclusives like they have been doing to keep those sales going and if they decide to pair that digital console with a service like game pass (with b/c for PS4) they will sell a lot of them.

I’ve got nothing against MS, I love Game Pass as much as the next gamer but so far the PS5 is looking like a better console for me, especially since I believe they said XSX games will still release on Xbone. I don’t have a 4K TV so that resolution bump doesn’t mean anything to me.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks to @Blazzok

2 Likes

The question is in these challenging times will they ?

Sony is currently in Cocky mode just like they were at the release of the PS3. they believe they are in the driving seat so all decisions are in their interest and not in the interest of the gamer.

I own a crap ton of sony consoles but i dont agree with their current path of projection

1 Like

Strange how we’ve come from the framework of horizontal resting, with vertical being the option, to now vertical standing. Is horizontal mounting even an option on either the PS5 or XSX? Looking at it’s design, doesn’t seem like it is intended.

1 Like

It looks like they can be used vertically or horizontally. It won’t fit here by me if it’s vertical only.

2 Likes

thats the point im trying to make, ms does not need to sell someone a new console to play the game, if they are by the means to own the new console than they will most certainly play the best version of it, but they can still play it on their current console or pc and that is still a software sale for ms or the 3rd party when someone buys it and when they upgrade their console they can still play the best version of the game at no additional charge.

gamepass is even releasing for samsung tv’s soon. and people can even play the games (obviously not all of them yet) without even owning a console via xcloud.

3 Likes

Albeit, the PS5 looks like it will be vertical standing on the floor.

1 Like

I believe those games will be enough to sell the console. Demon’s Souls alone will account for a lot of sales, even if it releases on PS4 as well. Like I said, look at what Animal Crossing has done for Nintendo and the Switch, despite Covid-19 going on. That game has boosted the console’s sales dramatically, regardless of the influence of Covid on those sales (it helped the sales for sure).

I’m confidant Sony has learnt from their mistakes with the PS3 during the PS4’s lifespan and they seem to just be carrying forward with that same momentum. They’ve already got a bunch of great platform exclusives and I’m sure we’ve barely even scratched the surface.

3 Likes

7 Likes

GTA V announced for PS5! … er…

5 Likes

Once we’ve decided whether exclusives may or may not define console sales success…

…we’re going to be bickering about whether the cost is worth it or not…

Honestly, regardless of which team you bat for (Team XB, Team PS, or Team PC), the winners in all of this are us, the gamers.

4 Likes

Here’s a list of the shown games that are confirmed for PC as well

Look like @GregRedd doesn’t need to be a grumpy cat.

Edit: Looks like Little Devil Inside is missing from the list.

5 Likes

…and Horizon II will probably end up on PC eventually as well.

4 Likes

104341890_578403559768280_814933553067004626_n

3 Likes