I’d buy it if it were a deep fryer and I needed a new one

3 Likes

Haha, I love the official XBOX tweet:

Can you lay it sideways?

5 Likes

Via Reddit this morning:

1 Like

Ah, the memories!

Historically AMD GPUs have all had much higher teraflop numbers than Nvidia GPUs and yet that teraflop advantage meant nothing when it came to gaming performance against Nvidia GPUs. Which is why Mark Cerny said in the Road to PS5 video that teraflops do not tell the whole story.
Also if you keep watching that Road to PS5 video at the 35min mark you will hear more details about the boost mode and how it works in PS5. But the main thing I wanted to point out is that the PS5’s boost had to be capped because of how capable it is at running in boost mode for extended periods.

It’s for this game alone that I will be getting a PS5 and possibly even upgrading my TV as well so I can enjoy it in 4K with HDR. :heart_eyes::grimacing:

I came across the following article which expands upon this point: PS5 exclusive games like Horizon Forbidden West are ‘more important than ever’, says Sony

It’s because of this investment in epic single player, story driven games that Sony has won me over. Because lately the paradigm on PC seems to be: make a multiplayer game that can be milked for money first and then tack on a half-assed story-mode afterwards. On PlayStation it feels like the complete opposite if I look at its list of amazing exclusives like Uncharted, HZD, GoW, TLoU, etc. All of which I thoroughly enjoyed playing on the platform.

Funny enough I actually have the PS4 Pro installed vertically between my TV and AVR because that is the only space I have available for it. :sweat_smile: As for mounting the PS5 horizontally, that seems entirely possible based off the following marketing image:

If anything COVID-19 has boosted gaming related sales because of how many people are stuck at home. If I look at this year’s Battle Pass for Dota 2 it broke previous records by raising over $10m in just 3 days! :flushed:

3 Likes

Definitely. Animal Crossing sold 13.4 million copies in its first six weeks This was at the start of May, I have no idea what the current number is. Covid-19 played a huge role on those sales. It is the perfect game to escape from the reality of pandemics and lockdowns and just relax on your own island.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Checkmate for Xbox :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

checkmate ? so a remaster of a ten year old game that sony wants to sell to people again because they are too lazy or incompetent to implement a proper Backward compatibility system is going to be the end of the xbox ?

2 Likes

Haha I have to admit that the biggest reason for me to buy a PS5 is Demon’s Souls. Will stick with XBox though.

3 Likes

Can you not take a joke? Did you see the emoticon?

Also, it’s a remake not a remaster. They are remaking the entire game from the ground up. On top of that this is Demon’s Souls. Thousands if not millions of people will buy a PS5 just to play this remake, I can promise you that. This is the game that spawned an entire, extremely popular, genre. It’s gonna move a lot of consoles.

Also, who buys a next gen console to play games from 2-3 generations ago? Definitely not me. You can argue that’s what I’m doing with Demon’s Souls but it is a remake two generations later. It will be different enough.

Game Pass is great but Xbox still can’t compete with Sony in terms of exclusives. Go look at the (actual) (top two) highest rated games of this year. They are Sony exclusives. Xbox delayed their one big first party exclusive because what they showed to the public looked terrible compared to other games coming out.

I’m not a Sony fanboy dude. I own all platforms. If anything I’m a Nintendo fanboy. I’d take an upgraded Switch over a PS5 or Xbox X any day of the week. The simple fact is just that I prefer Sony because they have better exclusives on their system. Microsoft has the better console but Sony has the better games. Now they only need to get with the times and bring out a Game Pass competitor.

If you think the lack of backwards compatibility will hurt the PS5 then you have not been paying attention this generation. Neither the PS4 or Switch have b/c and they both destroyed the Xbox.

2 Likes

Heck, I bought the PS4 simply because of Bloodborne.

There a large enough community to market the Demon’s Souls remake as a console seller.

3 Likes

Showcase event announced for next Wednesday, 22:00 local time. I’m pretty sure they will announce the price and release date and maybe show some more exclusives/confirm launch titles.

4 Likes
2 Likes

I wonder if we’ll see the PS5 at launch here in South Africa.

Don’t forget they doubled production back in July. Not sure if the reported cut goes over that increase.

As for local availability, time will tell but local sites have advertised mailing lists and such so I’m hopeful. Not that I’ll buy one then.

1 Like

So it seems those reports are false as Sony has denied cutting production. Lots of fake news coming out regarding PS5 (such as the guy claiming PS5 had trouble with 4K because he felt Xbox was at a disadvantage)

2 Likes