Star Citizen

Yep, 3.7.1 went live Tuesday evening. Stability was iffy with 3.7.0; I had lots of 30k disconnects, but it seems better now.

As for the mission, you just inspect the body and then it completes. We don’t yet have the ability to drag or carry bodies, but I suspect it will come at some point.

1 Like

Aargh, I haven’t seen it yet! I assume it’s on the website? Will go check now.

1 Like

Sorry, was daft not to add a link to the schedule. Fixed now.

1 Like

Ohhhh, it looks tasty! I see they’re being secretive on the content of some sessions: Means we’re getting surprises!

1 Like

From the weekly newsletter:

Dear Citizen ,

Come Monday, you can test-fly five of Star Citizen’s latest and greatest ships for the whole week, and get in the game for free. What’s more, if you refer a friend and they end up backing Star Citizen, you’ll receive your very own Kruger P-52 Merlin. Spread the word and stay tuned for more updates on Monday- there’s never been a better time to jump into the 'verse.

1 Like

Terada and his Thunderbirds Space Crew are at it again with another insane video showing off their flight skills.

I remain gobsmacked.

1 Like

It’s free fly time!

You get to jump in and try the Aurora MR, Avenger Titan, Cutlass Black, Mustang, and Banu Defender, until Nov 3rd. Simply follow below instructions.

1 Like

For those who like stats, here are some interesting ones to digest.

1 Like

Tried out the Banu Defender which is available for the free fly. It’s great fun to fly.

2 Likes

So did anyone get some play time in during the free fly?

1 Like

Sad to say not. :slightly_frowning_face: Wanted to use my alt account with just the Aurora on it to play with the free fly ships, and I did a full fresh download of the game as well. And then just ran out of time. Hopefully soon - I keep seeing generally positive things about 3.7.1 and I really do want to go visit a cave.

1 Like

You have an alt account? :exploding_head:

Yeah, the overall playability and fun factor has never been better, imho. Caves and FPS mining can keep you busy for hours, and net a decent income to boot. I’m also happy to report that bed logout finally works to a high level of reliability, so you can now logout in the middle of nowhere, safe in the knowledge that your ship will very likely be where you left it when you return.

1 Like

Ah yes, I never got back to you on this… I spawned back on Area18 after my bed logout. lol. But I assume 3.7.1 fixed this, because that was still in 3.7.0. I haven’t been back in SC since then though. Also haven’t done FPS mining.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty sure they made big fixes to bed logout in 3.7.1. No worries, give it a shot when you have time. I didn’t get that much playtime either last week.

1 Like

Missed this comment earlier…

Yip. The other SC me is Grizzled_Geek. Created it about 3 years ago or so to use with my streamer alt with a vague idea to do a sort of rags-to-riches thing in SC and stream my progress over time. I have since then upgraded the Aurora to a Cutlass to get a little more out of the game, despite not actually playing much at all. The plan is to melt the cutlass and rebuy an Aurora package closer to game launch, and then see how far I can get.

If all else fails, I do still have way too many ships on my main account that I’ll be using more seriously and for org time things.

I created the streamer alt specifically to keep things entirely separate from my Greg Redd profile more as a long-term social experiment than anything else. It does have it’s disadvantages at times, but overall I’m glad I did it that way.

Sent you a friend request from the Grizzled account.

1 Like

Ahhh, OK. That makes sense. Yeah, the rags to riches approach is exactly how I want to play as well. My brother and I both committed to sticking with our Aurora packages no matter what. Any other ships and equipment will be earned in game.

The cool thing with ship rentals in 3.7 is that it gives you the opportunity to start that journey, albeit in a more short-term fashion.

1 Like

Exactly what I will be doing as well.

2 Likes

Only 5 sleeps until CitizenCon 2019. HYPE!

Here is a bit of a retrospective on last year’s event.

4 Likes

What do you think we can expect to see?

4 Likes