Star Citizen

Just look at the size of that beauty! Video to follow later…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Looks like FPS mining will earn you a very tidy sum! Look at these prices.

2 Likes

More Hurston goodness. Did a mission in a cave right by the coast.

2 Likes

Looks really good. How’s stability for you? And has 3.7.1 gone to Live yet?

In that “Find the body” mission, what do you have to do with the body? Just click on it to mark that you’ve found it and confirm “yeah, he’s dead”? Or do you get to actually remove it and return it somewhere? (Getting out of a cave with a body draped over your shoulder would make for a great challenge!)

1 Like

CitizenCon is a month away, and the just released schedule is looking interesting…

Seeing lots of references to exploration, new systems and new locations, and new gameplay modes -

• Lots of “into the unknown”, “chart a course for the great unknown”, “the adventure begins” “the adventure continues” type language all over the place.
  • Anvil, manufacturer of the Carrack (the only ship that matters. Carrack is love, Carrack is life!) is “sponsoring“ the event.
  • There’s a Croshaw panel venue. (The Croshaw system was the first system visited by the Human race outside of Sol. It’s named after Nick Croshaw, who discovered it.)
  • A panel on microTech, a cold super-earth planet missing from the current Stanton system.
  • A presentation called “ Shoot ‘em Up: Preview a new high-octane game mode coming”. Multiplayer team ground combat game mode in Arena Commander maybe? Capture the Idris?

That CitizenCon is in Manchester this year makes the livestream times decent for us, and that it’s on a Saturday makes it even better.

Full schedule:

1 Like

Yep, 3.7.1 went live Tuesday evening. Stability was iffy with 3.7.0; I had lots of 30k disconnects, but it seems better now.

As for the mission, you just inspect the body and then it completes. We don’t yet have the ability to drag or carry bodies, but I suspect it will come at some point.

1 Like

Aargh, I haven’t seen it yet! I assume it’s on the website? Will go check now.

1 Like

Sorry, was daft not to add a link to the schedule. Fixed now.

1 Like

Ohhhh, it looks tasty! I see they’re being secretive on the content of some sessions: Means we’re getting surprises!

1 Like

From the weekly newsletter:

Dear Citizen ,

Come Monday, you can test-fly five of Star Citizen’s latest and greatest ships for the whole week, and get in the game for free. What’s more, if you refer a friend and they end up backing Star Citizen, you’ll receive your very own Kruger P-52 Merlin. Spread the word and stay tuned for more updates on Monday- there’s never been a better time to jump into the 'verse.

1 Like

Terada and his Thunderbirds Space Crew are at it again with another insane video showing off their flight skills.

I remain gobsmacked.

1 Like

It’s free fly time!

You get to jump in and try the Aurora MR, Avenger Titan, Cutlass Black, Mustang, and Banu Defender, until Nov 3rd. Simply follow below instructions.

1 Like

For those who like stats, here are some interesting ones to digest.

1 Like

Tried out the Banu Defender which is available for the free fly. It’s great fun to fly.

2 Likes

So did anyone get some play time in during the free fly?

1 Like

Sad to say not. :slightly_frowning_face: Wanted to use my alt account with just the Aurora on it to play with the free fly ships, and I did a full fresh download of the game as well. And then just ran out of time. Hopefully soon - I keep seeing generally positive things about 3.7.1 and I really do want to go visit a cave.

1 Like

You have an alt account? :exploding_head:

Yeah, the overall playability and fun factor has never been better, imho. Caves and FPS mining can keep you busy for hours, and net a decent income to boot. I’m also happy to report that bed logout finally works to a high level of reliability, so you can now logout in the middle of nowhere, safe in the knowledge that your ship will very likely be where you left it when you return.

1 Like

Ah yes, I never got back to you on this… I spawned back on Area18 after my bed logout. lol. But I assume 3.7.1 fixed this, because that was still in 3.7.0. I haven’t been back in SC since then though. Also haven’t done FPS mining.

1 Like