Star Citizen

Has Squadron 42 been cancelled? It’s the only part of this charade I’ve ever cared about, and I haven’t seen any news or new trailers in at least 4 years.

3 Likes

They still update in emails about it, so not cancelled but it feels that way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Squadron 42 is still a thing. It’s allegedly getting the bulk of CIGs attention now, with the aim of getting it out before all hope in it is entirely lost. Allegedly. :man_shrugging:t2:

There is a monthly Squadron 42 Update published, but it tends to be very thin on detail and substance. Again, allegedly, to avoid spoilers and giving too much of the story away before release. :man_shrugging:t2:

If you have a Star Citizen account, you can set your subscriptions up at the bottom of the My Account > Settings > Overview tab.

You don’t need to have a game package in order to subscribe to the newsletters, just an account. If you do create an account, even if you never intend joining the Star Citizen side of things, it’s still worthwhile creating the account using one of the MEW Citizen’s referral codes. If you ever change your mind and keep the same account to join the MMO, they’ll get a referral point and you’ll get some bonus startup credits.

1 Like

I was actually an original Kickstarter backer. Interestingly they haven’t posted updates on Kickstarter for very close to 10 years!

2 Likes

Decent preview from LevelCap of the 3.19 patch currently on the test servers. After the jank and kak that is/was the 3.18 patch, there’s some optimism that 3.19 will smooth things out a bit in time for the big annual in-universe Invictus Fleet Week event which is scheduled to start on 19 May.

When it works, it’s fantastic. If only CIG could get it to work a with a lot more stability… Soon™

2 Likes

Have a look at Red Monster Gaming’s Mining Guide and Cheat Sheets. They’ve been updated for 3.19. I haven’t used them recently, but when I last did way back when, I found them very helpful.

https://redmonstergaming.com/mining-cheat-sheets/

1 Like

I used to use them yes. Now, if you do not own a prospector, mining asteroids/planets with it is very unfruitful.

Mining gems with my space bakkie and rented ROC is also a little frustrating, not something to relax and do, sadly.

I need to find something else to relax with in SC, maybe I will look at cargo hauling next. I want to do salvaging but not possible without a salvaging ship, which you cannot get in game yet unless you dish out dollars.

2 Likes

What sort of times are you on at? We should try coordinate some time even if it is to just to get onto the same server so that I can spawn my Vulture and/or Prospector for you to play with.

1 Like

Thanks for the very kind offer. Sadly, bad internet all weekend long made me log off SC as soon as I managed to get in. The lag was just too bad.

2 Likes

Fabulous fan-made cinematic tour of the updated Area 18 landing zone from Mr. Hasgaha. Studio quality cinematics made by (very talented) player, using in-game tools and visuals.

2 Likes

Haven’t been near Star Citizen for a while now, but I do keep tabs on things via the Reddit and YouTubes. Their in-engine Cinematics Team are getting better and better. And they weren’t too shabby to begin with…

Hoist a flagon of ale skyward in revelous homage to the Banu gods of pillage and plunder, for it be that time of year once again. That’s right, ya scurvy wretches, Pirate Week has once again made port and brought with it more piratical fun and shenanigans than you can rattle a cutlass at. Live Like a Pirate: play.sc/pirateweek

2 Likes

In the build-up to the annual CitizenCon event in a couple of weeks, and to mark the Star Citizen birthday, a very special ship hunt is now running in-game.

Across the system, they’re all searching for them. Pilots of all stripes, hungry for the chance to tame a legend. Can you find a license? And once you do, can you survive to tell the tale? Better move fast. The hunt is on.

Join the Hunt: The Hunt is On - Roberts Space Industries | Follow the development of Star Citizen and Squadron 42

The Anvil F8C Lightning has never been sold before and has only given to mega-whale backers. For ten days you can secure a Golden Ticket that allows you to buy one by searching loot boxes. Or you can hunt down one of the CIG devs who will be carrying a Platinum Ticket and take it from them - like in the video above. If you can get back to the ship dealers and lodge your ticket, you’ll be given a free F8C Lightning. But whoever has a platinum ticket on them will be marked prey for everyone else on the server until they submit the ticket.

Yeah me and my Little Aurora that could, won’t be making any inroads with this event :rofl:

1 Like

Oi this game is pretty. I will play it again sometime when I can get over the frustration of bugs destroying all my play time,

2 Likes

Throwback to that one time we had a massive crew up moment with one of the IAE events and grabbed a Starfarer and did shenanigans.
Can’t remember who that all was.

1 Like

This is the engine demo showcase shown at last weeks’ CitizenCon. It highlights the work that CIG have managed to get into their heavily evolved game engine, now official being called StarEngine. This started life as CryTek’s CryEngine, evolved into Amazon Lumberyard, and is now its own thing entirely.

The video is a 24-minute seamless, single shot filmed entirely in-engine. It is, obviously, a scripted video, but the current capabilities of the engine are not hidden and there’s no post-processing to hide things they’d rather not be seen. You will notice occasional pop-ins, some odd background AI movement, some lags. Many of the engine features are already available in-game in the current playable alpha, many of them are still to come.

I’ll replace this upscaled version with an official version as soon as it becomes available.

2 Likes

OK wow! Greg, here is the official vid… Insane

4 Likes

It is insanely impressive, right?! Some seriously clever people working at CIG who’ve been given the time, funds, and flexibility to try and build the space game of their dreams.

It has taken way longer than originally expected, but the things coming out of the studios are also much bigger and better than originally pitched.

And as is evident by the literal millions of dollars that are still being pledged to the development budget during the currently running IAE ship expo event, there’s still a lot of belief in CIG being able to deliver on most of what they have been aiming for.

1 Like

End of the year patch (Alpha 3.22) is out in time for the holidays.

However you get your kicks, a universe of adventure is calling. Uncover the secrets of Stanton’s untamed wilderness, tear down hulking wrecks in the depths of space for a life-changing payday, or put it all on the line to take home the spoils of the Jumptown drug labs. Whatever adventure means to you, you’ll find it and more in Alpha 3.22: Wrecks to Riches.

New vehicles in-game:

Aopoa San’tok.yai Medium Fighter

Origin X1 Series Open-Canopy Vehicle

Drake Cutter Rambler

Do they get their inspiration from the Xbox portfolio?

1 Like