Star Citizen

Okay, this is just sick. How they manage to fly this well is beyond me. And it is looking fantastic.

• All images in this video are in real speed. No cheating, no assistance !
  • All images were shot with the members of my corporation “Thunderbirds Space Crew”. Thanks to them for participation !!
2 Likes

Lots of skill, hours of practice, a very well honed setup, a slice of luck, and (dare I speculate) editing out some crashes. :slight_smile: It’s pretty impressive, no doubt.

1 Like

Holy ship! One day it will be mine!

Probably one of the best Star Citizen ads ever.

2 Likes

Brilliant! Here’s to the Gatsby.

1 Like

That shootout with bandits while the guests enjoy the opera! Here’s to the Masala Steak Gatsby.

2 Likes

By the way, they’ve introduced a cool addition to the weekly roadmap update, namely a written section that adds some insight into features being worked on, and why they get moved around, etc.

1 Like

The August monthly development report is out.

1 Like

This is an awesome site! You can compare just about any two vehicles in game.

2 Likes

All about caves!

2 Likes

Roadmap roundup for the week.

1 Like

FPS mining y’all!

2 Likes

An interesting little tidbit has leaked out of the latest Evocati build: The estimated ship rental rates based on current ingame prices. If you’ve been wanting to fly something bigger / tougher / faster / more luxurious, you may soon get your chance.

2 Likes

Inside Star Citizen, featuring mission sharing, weapon attachments, updated character builder, and ship rentals.

2 Likes

Alpha 3.7 has hit wave 1 PTU. Patch notes here:

I hope to make some videos again soon looking at the new features.

2 Likes

I tried playing Star Citizen a few months ago, but it chugged on my machine (GTX 970, 16GB RAM, 3.5GHz i7-4770K).

Recently acquired an SSD and will try again to see if that makes any difference.

2 Likes

SSD made a hugh difference for me when I had some crappy performance a while ago. But that was also when SC was very buggy in general. Performance is miles better these days. However, still have a lot of FPS drops, so not perfect at all.

3 Likes

An SSD will make a massive difference in loading times and overall responsiveness. As @Dragonic says, there is still some frame inconsistency, but the average frame rates are way up.

CIG are currently working on extending the object container streaming tech to the server side. It made a huuuge difference in client side performance, and should offer similar benefits to the server as well. They’ve currently hit a bit of a wall in terms of being able to add more locations and playable area to the game due to this server-side limitation.

If all goes well, SSOCS will debut alongside planet Microtech in the 3.8 release by end of year. I expect that overall playability will improve a lot, since the server will better be able to handle the game area and the objects in it, thus improving framerates, object tracking, hit detection, etc.

2 Likes

First look at Alpha 3.7! I looooove the new character creator. It is much more intuitive and easy to use than before, and the resulting faces look excellent.

More to follow.

3 Likes

Wow that is really nice.

2 Likes

Very much so. The interface makes way more sense now. You select a primary head as a starting point, and then start blending elements from the other heads into it. You can do the whole head or just one feature at a time. The possibilities are almost endless, even with a limited selection of heads.

2 Likes