Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order & Survivor

It’s almost time for Cal to survive…

The dark times are closing in as Cal Kestis seeks out a safe haven far from the reach of the Empire. Follow Cal and his crew’s increasingly desperate fight as the galaxy descends further into darkness.

Picking up five years after the events of STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order™, Jedi: Survivor is a third person, narrative-driven action-adventure game from Respawn Entertainment, developed in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games. STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™ will be available on PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S and Windows PC on April 28th, 2023.

3 Likes

I didn’t enjoy the first one too much so will likely only get this in a deep sale.

4 Likes

You did enjoy the first game :palm_down_hand:

7 Likes

On second thought, I did enjoy the first game.

5 Likes

SWJ: Survivor will need substantially more storage space than the first game! It’s ballooned from 55Gb to a whopping 155Gb!

STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™ - PC System Requirements - Electronic Arts (ea.com)

2 Likes

Looking forward to playing this one day when the price is right. Loved Fallen Order!

2 Likes

The price is always right with Star Wars :palm_down_hand:

3 Likes

Pity that the Jedi mind trick doesn’t work on my bank account!

3 Likes

Credits will do fine.

No they won’t

3 Likes

SWJ: Survivor’s review embargo has been lifted. And the first ones I’ve seen are all glowing.

The current top metacritic review from each of the platforms the game is releasing on:

IGN France - 100 (PC)
Star Wars Jedi Survivor is the best game in the franchise since Kotor, offering an immersive gaming experience with captivating exploration, exciting combat and extensive customization.

NME - 100 (PS5)
The best action adventure released in 2023 so far, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has a confidence to its world and the play that it totally manages to back up by how fun it is. A must-play, perhaps the best action game of the generation so far.

XBox Era - 94
STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor continues Respawn’s run as one of the best in the industry. It is an incredible accomplishment, blending top-tier gameplay and narrative in a package few games can match. Performance during my review was rough, but if they can smooth it out then this is a game that no one should miss. For fans of STAR WARS, this is the game we have been waiting for. One that fixes the mistakes of the previous, and soars to heights we could have only dreamed of.

2 Likes

Ah bugger, not again…

Source & source

Another PC after thought with major performance issues on release. Guess I’ve got another month to try and finish Fallen Order while waiting for the patches…

1 Like

It will take so long to download the files, game should be patched by then :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Pity about the performance issues. Fallen Order ran great so Respawn now how to make a decent PC game.

Once again it will pay off to be a patient gamer. Looking forward to playing it though.

2 Likes

Yeah, patience is a virtue in this case. I would only have played it after on sale anyway.

Like Arkham Knight, I only played that years after release and it was a silky smooth experience then.

3 Likes

The Jedi Master pops in to give the young Jedi some tips…

What an absolute legend Mark Hamill is.

4 Likes

EA’s excuse for the PC issues. Some snarky wording here. You’re using new tech on an old OS! Technically, some HW is optimised for Win 11, but this is a lame excuse.

4 Likes

Agree. This whole excuse of an apology sounds like it was pre-written by their AI Intern that they’re using in the PR department. They’re blaming PC players for not having the absolutely identical specs to the sponsored machines that their two QA testers they employed for an after school session one Wednesday, on minimum wage, used.

Am so glad EA’s Star Wars exclusivity is expiring. Hopefully it’ll help the development and publishing of future SW games a little better to have a variety of studios and publishers able to compete.

5 Likes

Digital Foundry pulling no punches:

3 Likes

Strange. While I did see stutters from time to time, it never felt like it wasn’t hitting 60fps. Haven’t tried it since the 3Gb patch. :man_shrugging:

Played on a 5600X with a RTX 3080

:force_confuse:

Edit:
Tried again, with the patch. Fuck :nose: what changed :confused:

:force_addled_mind:

3 Likes

The patch made it worse for you?? How is that even possible?

1 Like