Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order & Survivor

Looks decent. Lets see how it plays, all EA sw games have been sub par at best.

1 Like

I had a thought about this last night. From a couple of interviews she gave earlier in the year, she suggested that one of the biggest issues that the Visceral Games/Project Ragtag team had was wrangling the Frostbite engine to get it working in a single player context (shades of Anthem there). Also, she said that they had been in regular contact with the LucasFilms/Disney people in terms of the writing and that the story was pretty well advanced in that regard.

My thought was that if SWJ:FO is successful, it’s a possibility that EA will pass the story and work they had done over to Respawn to use in their UE4 environment as the basis for a second game. Maybe Ragtag will see the light of day in some form or another eventually? If they do, I really hope they’d have the decency to try bring Henning and some of the other key members of her team into the development fold somehow.

3 Likes

2 Likes

New keyart released

1 Like

EA’s Jedi Fallen Order E3 gameplay reveal live stream:

Live stream starting now!

2 Likes

I know we need to hate EA but my god this game looks amazing. Like an Uncharted Star Wars. Please do not fuck it up!

2 Likes

I couldn’t care less about hating EA (or Star Wars to be honest), but this game does look awesome. Even though I don’t like the SW movies I’ve always enjoyed the games and with the god of game writers involved this is a must play.

1 Like

Am I the only one who was disappointed? It seemed underwhelming…

3 Likes

Certainly not disappointed personally, but I can understand the feeling that some have. It was a strange-ish point to use as a gameplay demo. Very linear early mission, AI levels turned down, no developer info explaining what was being shown. Also, I thought the graphics were pretty janky in places and some of the NPC characters and the player characters’ animations could definitely do with a bit of polish.

I missed the very start of the stream, so not sure if they mentioned how old the footage was in terms of development, but I did assume that it was still Alpha/WIP level stuff.

Still, keen and excited as I am for it, and confident as I am that Respawn will deliver a decent game, there’s no way I’m pre-ordering anything EA-related. I’m still hoping it comes on to Origin Access and that it gives me a better ROI for that sub than it did for Anthem :expressionless:

1 Like

Another Jedi Knight style game would be fantastic. But yeah, I didn’t really see anything super impressive here. The animations definitely look off somehow, like the characters’ joints are in the wrong place. With more polish it could be a good game though.

1 Like

Here’s just the gameplay video in case you missed it and want to avoid the somewhat over-exuberant panel host and some fairly mundane chat with the devs.

(It definitely looks a little better in the higher resolutions than I could watch the live stream at, so that’s something.)

I look at this and then dug up the Star Wars 1313 gameplay, and I have to say I am not nearly as excited about this as I was about 1313. It just looks… well… bland. I am a Star Wars fan, but just feel there is something not quite right with this game. I might just be bleak about 1313 being cancelled, but when you watch this trailer, remember this is 6 years ago… Still WOW!

1 Like

Not liking the fact that light side/dark side won’t matter in this game…

The trailer during Microsoft’s conference did way more to get me excited. Now I am just luke warm.

1 Like

Same here. Watching the EA playthrough had me disappointed, while the trailer at the Microsoft conference actually had me excited. It does seem quite “Disney” and I would’ve appreciated a slightly darker tone to the game.

1 Like

I see the reactions is pretty mixed on this game. I liked what I saw, and will definitely be getting this game day one. I might just ever pre-order it just to piss people off even more. It’s going to be a fun romp in the Star Wars universe, and it looks like the only good Star Wars game to come out of the EA licensing of the franchise.

1 Like

I dunno, as much as people hate Battlefront, I quite enjoy it. I got a good 20 hours out of the first game and played some Arcade, Campaign and Assault rounds on the sequel this past weekend (due to it being dirt cheap on sale). I actually like the games quite a lot and they feel really authentic.

1 Like

Had exactly the same reaction to it. I know it’s tuned and tweaked PR stuff, but there are scenes in the trailer lifted from the gameplay demo that just look a lot better. Still, going to wait to see what happens with it on Origin Access though.

1 Like