Starfield: Made for Wanderers

Going to be real hard to be an adult on Friday the 1st.

2 Likes

How’s the download going?

2 Likes

Getting there, should be done by the end of this week!

2 Likes

Starfield size on disk:

3 Likes

I wasn’t planning on playing this on release… but then I booted up my gaming OS on Friday and there it was, ready to be downloaded. So I did.
Think the game will be good, but Bethesda games are usually quite the time pit and I only have two nights per week that I can actually play (so it’s going to take forever to finish).

3 Likes

Wow, this took me too long…

3 Likes

Live action trailer shown at Gamescom ONL

Accompanied by a stunning orchestral version of Elton John’s “Rocket Man,” the live action trailer follows our hero on a breathtaking journey through the stars. Experience the hope and danger of setting out into the unknown and get ready for your own adventure when Starfield launches on September 6 on Xbox Series X|S and Windows PC. Play it day one on Game Pass.

3 Likes

Oh wow, dialed up the hype engine a notch or 2 there! Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Starfield Launch Details, PC Specs & More

GLOBAL RELEASE TIMING

If you’re still in the ‘old neighborhood’–Earth–early access and launch times vary depending on your location. Find out when you can start playing Starfield where you are in this handy chart.

STARFIELD EDITIONS

There are a few different editions of Starfield available. See the star chart below for details to help you find the right version for you.

PC SPECIFICATIONS

For those who are playing Starfield, a next-generation RPG, on PC, make sure your rig is outfitted with the right gear for the best experience.

MINIMUM:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

Still bugs me that the entire continent is so regularly ignored…

2 Likes

But wait, we are now part of a political bloc that contains almost all of the countries on the CIA watchlist. We will be infamous enough soon to warrant our own release gaming schedules :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Planning on dropping a pc by someone who has real internet, to download this monstrous game. Oh the hoops we jump through for the distant promise of fun :hear_no_evil:

3 Likes

So I’ll be booked off for a week after surgery on the 13th which means that, depending on how I’m feeling, I might be getting in some quality gaming time to play this. So maybe a whole week during the day while the wife and kids are away. I haven’t had that kind of gaming time since I was single over a Easter weekend.

4 Likes

Okay it’s a crafted music video, but still, it’s starting to look like we may have something special here.

3 Likes

Oh wow!

3 Likes

That is looking amazing! I’m going to have to uninstall Dirt Rally 2 to make space for all the screen shots and video clips :smiley:

2 Likes

In the absence of anything official, and with a couple of days to go before the Early Access start, found a couple of fan-made tools to mess around with. Obviously both are heavily WIP and subject to being inaccurate:

Character Build Planner & Calculator
This one is based on Character Backgrounds and Traits that have been revealed in various places.

Starfield Ship Builder
Very finicky to work with, but still a decent tool to play around with. Especially considering the lack of detailed ship info that has been made available. Does give an insight into the huge potential for ship mods to come in the future though.

1 Like

I think the only things I’ve seen or know about this title are from the E3 content. Not that I have purposefully been avoiding it, just haven’t had time or interest over the past few weeks.

1 Like

Yay, it’s working

2 Likes

PSA: If you’re wanting to avoid having things spoiled before you get in the game…

The review embargo lifts at 18:00 this evening. Every game and tech site, publication, channel, and creator will be flooding your feeds and inboxes.

Additionally, a number of streamers and reviewers have been given permission to livestream their gameplay at the same time.

This is a full 8 hours before the Early Access public release time for the game. Tread lightly as you navigate the strands of the web.

I’ll try and only post links to spoiler free reviews that focus on performance, general mechanics, and the like primarily for those that are interested to learn if the addition of the Xbox QA team has helped BGS beat their traditional out the box bugginess.

3 Likes

Upgraded to Premium through Game Pass. I’m so ready for tomorrow.

2 Likes