Starfield: Made for Wanderers

I am totally hooked, NG+ keeps calling me back, more of the same, just with all my skills. Loving it even more now that I don’t feel the need to do any quests at all. I hated some of those quests, spy/sneak/underworld ones, bleh.

3 Likes

I like the idea of the game that combines everything from space exploration, combat, base building, ship building, etc. It was a very ambitious project.
However, the space exploration and combat part of the game isn’t as good as Freelancer and the base building and other aspects are not as good as Fallout 4, but I suppose that comes with being a jack of all trades (and master of none).

So I’ll continue and finish my game although I’m unsure if I’ll ever replay it. Might also be time for loading some mods.

2 Likes

What?! I love it so much. I’m constantly looking for locks to pick to scratch my itch.

/I finished the game and for me it’s the best Bethesda game since Oblivion. Probably nobody on the planet will agree with me but I even think it’s better than Baldur’s Gate 3. BG3 is fine, I finished it started again and got bored. I tried playing it again last night but lasted all of 5 minutes and then deleted it from my PS5 (it’s still on my PC, but I won’t play it unless I’m really bored).

Starfield is a 9.9 for me and the second best game I’ve played this year. The only reason I don’t give it a 10 is becase nothing can compare to TotK :stuck_out_tongue: . I moved on to NG+ and then rushed to NG+4 but I found myself no longer role-playing properly so I loaded my last save just before I finished it and opted out of NG+. Now I’m continuing doing faction quests and other random stuff as it pops up and I’m having the time of my life. I might take a break to play Cyberpunk with the new patch and expansion but I am 100% going to be returning to Starfield for years.

Also on the topic of base builiding: I’m super glad it’s not like Fallout 4! Absolutely hated it in F4 and I’m so glad that they made both it and ship building pretty much 100% optional. I will never build anything other than a resource extractor, if that, and I will most likely never use the ship builder either. I’m just not interested. I want to explore the planets and randomly generated dungeons and do quests and shoot guns.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Ok, so I’ve been playing this since I was booked off which was essentially for a week and a half, non-stop, day and night (plus the long weekend plus this past weekend). I’m grateful the game was released right on time for me because I don’t think I’ll ever have this kind of time to invest in a game again. I’ve now canned all the exploring and I’m exclusively doing missions to progress the story and get this over with… but I’m still enjoying the trip.

It is essentially Fallout in space and for those complaining about the game not grabbing them… that’s understandable. The Bethesda open-world games have always been like this. They’re enjoyable, but they’re stories have never been and will never be on the same gripping level as the Bioware and other non open-world games (not sure if “gripping” is the right word, but that’s all that I can come up with right now). They’re simply too big and it brings up the original debate between open-world games and non open-world, although the stories in other open-world games have significantly improved since Witcher 3 (which I think was the one that started it all). So that was my expectation going into the game which was pretty accurate.
That said, I find the faction missions that I’ve completed thus far very good and interesting.

I’d say the one criticism that I have is with regards to the bases. It feels like they designed 5 different bases and then pretty much just distributed that all throughout the planets. For a game that took so many years, they could have at least designed double that (or more) so that there is a bit more motivation to explore.
Oh, and the other complaint is that I’m always flippen overweight. I just keep one gun of each ammo type, but apparently that’s too much :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Do you even lift bro? :joy:

3 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

I actually wish I had it on steam so I could play with the beta update. Playing Fallout 4 just made me want to play Starfield again so I started a new NG+ cycle and I’m getting into it again. Would love to have the new maps already.

1 Like

Starfield’s first major expansion, Shattered Space, is available to play now. Travel to the home world of House Va’ruun for the first time, explore the handcrafted new location and uncover the mysteries surrounding the followers of the Great Serpent.

Some additional information for those coming back to Starfield for the expansion, from Bethesda:

Overview
Shattered Space is a new story expansion for Starfield, Bethesda Game Studios’ epic role-playing game and first new universe in more than twenty-five years. A mysterious power stirs in the city of Dazra on House Va’Ruun’s hidden homeworld. Investigate a frightening cosmic threat, explore a new planet, and find unique weapons, spacesuits, and gear in this all-new adventure.

Accessing and Starting Shattered Space

Owners of the Premium or Constellation Editions of Starfield will receive Shattered Space as part of their original purchase. Owners of the Standard Edition can still purchase the Digital Premium Upgrade for access to Shattered Space plus other digital items including the Digital Art Book, Original Soundtrack, 1,000 Creation Credits and the Constellation Skin pack.

Game Pass subscribers can upgrade to the Premium Edition of Starfield to access Shattered Space.

To start playing the Shattered Space expansion, players must complete the introductory mission of the main quest, One Small Step. After you’ve completed One Small Step, the first time players grav-jump to an orbit that is not used by a mission or encounter, they will receive a distress call and discover a large star station, The Oracle.

Any player can take on the challenge in Shattered Space, but reaching level 35 is recommended for the best experience.

2 Likes