Starfield: Made for Wanderers

It is your game, own it :wink:

3 Likes

I just use the storage thing, and run speed increasing

1 Like

So far I like it. It is like Fallout merged with Freelancer, except I think the space navigation isnā€™t done as good. Still, not too bad considering theyā€™re pulling this out of their Creation engine. Playing it with a controller also sucks and I think the experience would have been much better with keyboard and mouse, but I donā€™t have the energy to sit in front of a PC at the moment. And I really miss my maps / minimaps to try and figure out where the heck I am.

3 Likes

I AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

At a stage where I really enjoyed the faction quest lines (except Ruyjin) and have completed them. Now I have 2 choices: 1. Randomly wander through the star systems and raid pirate bases/explore or 2. Continue and complete the main quest line.

Some activities irritate me, so not going to do them (anything with stealth etc). At level 40, I tend to look at systems level 50+ for a challenge.

Not quite sure what to do. I am worried that if I hit the main quest line then I will feel like I finished the game.

2 Likes

Donā€™t you tell me what to do!

Iā€™m focusing on the main story now and couldnā€™t be happier. Some pretty interesting stuff is going on with the story and Iā€™m here for it. I will most likely finish it and then move on to NG+ and mess around with side stuff there until Lies of P/Cyberpunk expansion comes out. Then I will return to Starfield every now and then.

3 Likes

I found this quite helpful and interesting, really goes quite in-depth for some of the smaller nuances you wouldnā€™t normally know or understand.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thatā€™s quite impressive.

1 Like
6 Likes

Made it through, did most of the quests, hit 50 and in NG+ now. Taking a little break before I explore what NG+ has to offer ;-). Took me 78 hours. Good play time.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been putting a ton of hours in but havenā€™t gotten far yet. Mostly been doing exploration, looting and selling. Only now built my first base or two.

I will say this: The base and starship building is a bit of a letdown. I thought they pretty much perfected base building in Fallout 4 so this seems like a step backwards. With the starship, things just donā€™t want to fit together, especially when replacing the cockpit with one that takes more crew members. Thereā€™s always a conflict with the landing bay.
Performance is horrendous when playing off a hard drive, but I see in the system requirements that a SSD is actually required. Iā€™ve reluctantly moved the game now to my data SSD drive so will see if performance issues are now sorted.
Playing with a controller is also not ideal. KB+M would have been much better, but not an option for me at the moment.

Other than that, I think they did well thus far. Didnā€™t have any expectations for the game to begin with, but thus far Iā€™m sinking hours into it while Iā€™m unable to sleep. Considering the size of the game, I guess my issues with it are relatively minor when taken in that context.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve played much, compared with most of you. That said, this game hasnā€™t grabbed me. All I do is sit in menuā€™s, wonder why Iā€™m over encumbered, run across the fucking landscape forever. I will say, it has gotten better since I started, but for the most part, conversation menuā€™s, are just not my vibe. I hate flying. I focus on one ship, and fly at that, head-on, trying my best to shoot them down, then I turn to face another and rinse repeat. And if thereā€™s multiple ships, the other ships, Iā€™m not targeting, are shooting my ass constantly. So, I guess youā€™re just trying to survive their shots, while attacking. Not dodge, but tank. :man_facepalming: I havenā€™t tried any building stuff, be it outpost or spaceship, but really, I donā€™t care about such things. It also took me a cool 30mins to figure out how to dock. I did take a very long time to like Skyrim, so thereā€™s that. I havenā€™t had many bugs, mostly weird ragdoll physics shenanigans. And the game seems to run fine. I imagine itā€™s somewhere over 100 fps outside of cities. I think Iā€™ll go back to Star Wars, KC:D and Cyberpunk. They are far more interesting to me, right now.

4 Likes

One more thing, those lockpicking mini-games. Iā€™d rather watch paint dry. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I agree with you on this. I try to skip these if I can.

3 Likes

I wonā€™t lie, if I can cheat with those I will :stuck_out_tongue:
I am not ashamed of cheating in this game.

As much as I enjoyed exploring the first planet, I am now gatvol of getting lost in the cities. I have decided to only do the main story from now on

2 Likes

I feel entirely the same. Though I never got into Skyrim.

The flying, space exploration, and ship combat make me want to play Elite Dangerous. Which I did install again and am now playing more of.

The conversations and general boots-on-the-ground gameplay I find rather boring and uninspiring, along with the exploration for the most part. Within an hour or so of being in the game, I find my mind wandering and wanting to move on to other things. I keep wanting to play Ride 4.

I will continue playing the game, from a casual game perspective, it scratches that itch. And I keep hoping to be amazed by a stunning vista or some such site, another area I feel Elite delivers more upon. But as it stands, this is servicing more of that moment-to-moment gameplay and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll get too invested. Thankfully I had little to no expectations or hype going into it.

I reinstalled Cyberpunk and have started a new game in that getting familiar with the controls and systems before the 2.0 update.

See my sentiments further up. Iā€™ve played a bit more over the weekend and am yet to feel anything other than underwhelmed.

1 Like