Steam Families

@Oltman’s post reminded me that I meant to post about the interesting new changes coming to Steam game sharing with the introduction of Steam Families.

The new feature, currently in beta, will replace both the current Steam Family Sharing and Steam Family View.

The biggest change - family members will now be able to access and play games from your library even while you’re busy playing something else.

Family Sharing enables you to play games from other family members’ libraries, even if they are online playing another game. If your family library has multiple copies of a game, multiple members of the family can play that game at the same time.

The other change I think younger gamers and their parents will like - Child Purchase Requests.

(A) common (and sometimes time-consuming) task for parents is purchasing games for their children. This usually requires that parents complete a gift purchase or let their kids borrow a credit card.

To streamline this process, Steam Families introduces a new payment option where a child account can request an in-family adult to pay for their shopping cart. The adult can approve and pay for the purchase from their mobile device or email. Once approved, all games from the shopping cart will be added to the child’s account.

All the details of these and other new Parental Control tools here:

6 Likes

“Billy! Would you stop adding Anime Bikini Bimbo Battles to the shopping cart already!!! I told you NO!”

1 Like

1 Like