Superbru 2019

I have not played Superbru for a few years, and this year I am pretty darn eager to get back into the flow of things!

We have a MEW club, and its pools are open for you to officially join. I assume @Solitude set it all up, so props to him for sorting it out.

Who else is keen to join?

Let me end by saying: Gooooo Sharks!

Oh, and of course Goooooo The Underperformers!

5 Likes

Thanks @oltman!

I can’t wait for Super Rugby to start.

Hey everyone! Superugby starts this weekend! Dont forget to get your predictions in! Go Black Panthers! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

And the season has kicked off! Chiefs vs Highlanders.

Anybody else watching?

1 Like

I watched both games this morning and got both wrong!

1 Like

Ditto. Not the best of starts to my Super Rugby Superbru campaign.

1 Like

Ja that was me too, i was pissed… the chiefs should have won the game…

1 Like

I have 1 point from the first 3 matches! It feels so good to be back in the swing of things…

2 Likes

With one game to go I am quite proud of my weekly improvement :smiley:

3 Likes

My Super Rugby is not going great but I’m happy to say that I’m top 10 in South Africa currently with the PRO14 and the Gallagher Premiership Superbru competitions.

3 Likes

Thats pretty awesome!

1 Like

Much better Round 2 for me too:

Only one I missed was the Lions/Stormers game. The less said about that travesty of a ref the better.

Nice jump in the leaderboard, but still got a lot of catching up to do after my disastrous Round 1 though:

There’s been so many upsets. I mean I can’t believe the Sunwolves beat the Chiefs. Sunwolves looked so poor just two weeks ago. Another team that looked really poor two weeks ago is the Stormers and then they go and beat the Sharks in Natal.

Crazy.

3 Likes

Youchie! What a rubbish round!

I dropped 8 places in the pool, an only 8, probably because everyone was equally stumped!

And the fantasy league did not do me any favours either! My top player had 13 points… And thats because he was the captain!

2 Likes

this round was quite shocking… i at least went up in pools for Fantasy and predictor.

2 Likes

i see this round has started out with a bang again… really did not think the hurricanes would draw with the chiefs… and it also looks like that i am backing the wrong horse in the brumbies vs waratahs… although there is still 40 min left…

1 Like

Same here. I thought the Hurricanes would destroy the Chiefs. And then the Waratahs just look so much better on paper.

2 Likes

ja so i guess im in for a nosedive weekend…

2 Likes

Between loadshedding and life in general, just had the first opportnunity to check the SR results and Superbru from the weekend and discovered I did pretty damn good :slight_smile: Both of my gambles on the Brumbies and the Reds winning paid off. If the Jaguares hadn’t rolled over and allowed the Stormers to make them their bitch, I would have scored the margin point for that game too.

1 Like

I had an absolute shocker. GSP last week, 2/5 this week with no margin or bonus points. Such is life. My F1 picks went considerably better though.

3 Likes