Tell us a bit about yourself (info for SS)

Short Bio then:

I am 40, been in the IT Support business for 20 years. I have a wife, 3 kids plus a dog, a cat and a rabbit at home.

In my off time I enjoy PC gaming, seem to be stuck on Ark Survival Evolved for the last few months. Offline, I enjoy nature and going to beautiful places such as the KNP and the Wild Coast.

Edit: The biggest thing anyone can do for me… Pay my work visa and plane ticket to NZ… (wishful :thinking: )

1 Like

R-E-S-P-E-C-T-!

I should probably also say a few things about myself!

I am 30. Not yet married, no kids, and no pets that I am responsible for. Gaming is my main hobby really.

I’m happy to play most types of games, but I don’t really like pvp focused games. Games like mobas, and Tekken style fighing games don’t really appeal to me. My favorite types tend to be shooters and arpgs that I can coop with friends, and racing games.

I should probably also say (awkward as it makes me) that I tend to get Ubisoft games on uplay directly and not through Steam.

1 Like

Hello! :wave:t3:

My Name is Tom… I am 31 years of Age, married, no kids, 1 Dogo, 2 Cats, and recently set up my tropical aquarium again :grin: Also have Koi fish in my pond outside…

I work as a 3D designer at an Architecture company. I recently started doing Jiu Jitsu, after about 8 months of Muay Thai… I enjoy being active, when im not being completely inactive… I play games quite a lot, but not as much as I would like… I play a few games on my laptop, but mostly PubG, and Blizzard games… Im a big fan of Blizzard games, Im quite addicted to Hearthstone, but have played loads of Diablo, and Starcraft, and Warcraft RTS, tried WOW not so long ago, and while i love the lore i really didn’t enjoy the game… I also have a Nintendo Switch which i primarily use as a portable console, its great for playing games while the mrs is watching TV… Then I also have a PS4 which i play as often as i can, currently busy with RDR2…

Im a BIG fan of Comic books, Currently reading the new Darth Vader series, The Punisher, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, and The Walking Dead… The Walking Dead TV series has really annoyed me recently though…

I love anything Starwars, and Marvel related… So Secret Santa! Go forth! and Santa me!

1 Like

It’s too late @Tom. We already bought you a box of glitter.

5 Likes

Apologies to my SS - didn’t realize us Steam gift receivers were meant to do this too. I mean, get my Wishlist on your screen and throw a suction cap dart at it. I promise I’ll be well chuffed with whatever it sticks to :grinning:

But to placate the bossy SS elfin… (just kidding - love your work @Wyvern :smile: )

At 50, I am probably the oldest Mewb regular. Been married (to the same woman!) for half of those years. 1 daughter about to turn 18 (she writes her very last Matric exam on her birthday in a couple of weeks time), 2 feline furkids (always been cats in our house, although growing up I loved dogs too.)

Was actually born in Austria, but my folks moved to SA when I was a little over a year old. So, whilst I’m technically a settler those pan-Africanists can shove their bullet where it fits. I’m a South African.

Live and work in Joziburg, although I am fortunate to have and do still travel a fair bit around SA and the world. Most of my early career was in hotels - worked at The Carlton (which is where I met my wife) for many years, then a stint at the Indaba Hotel. A little time in customer support with the worlds largest hospitality management software vendor, before branching into hospitality training and education. After a bunch of years of full time lecturing and doing an Honours degree in Adult Education, I set up a little consultancy and now do part time lecturing and some corporate training stuff. I also work with the Mrs in her business - which is travel related too.

I’ve been gaming to some degree since my mid-teens and made a conscious decision about 8 years ago that it would be my mid-life crisis hobby :grinning:. So while the rest of my mates are playing with their jet-skis on the Vaal or chasing a silly little white ball around a golf course, I’m way happy to be spending hours trying to figure how I can keep a wheel and peddles, a controller, a webcam, a mic, a joystick and throttle, and my mouse and keyboard all connected simultaneously without causing conflicts, just so that I can spend 20 minutes driving a pretend car around the Nurburgring. :grinning:

My gaming tastes are very eclectic and varied, as a glance through my library and wishlist will show. I honestly want to at least try playing everything in there at some or other stage. But with my aging reflexes and fat fingers, I probably spend more time on slower paced story games and simulations/management games than high intensity, fast action FPS style games these days.

Again, whatever my SS has his/her eye on for me, I promise will be much appreciated!

7 Likes

Hiya hiya pleasta meetcha

1 Like

Ons moet jou blerrie Oupa noem!!! O_o

5 Likes

Geez. Tough crowd. Now get off my lawn you bloody kids!!

2 Likes

Lemme update this a little, not much have changed.

Im reading something of everything, currently Robin Hobb’s Live Ship Traders

Currently playing Div 2 and Ghost Recon

2 Likes

An update for me: Everyone in my family is one whole year older. I am still playing with ponies and marbles seem to have made a comeback! (OT: check out Youtube for MarbleLympics!)

On my side I have fully made the transition from gamer to aspiring sim racer, so I tend to spend more time behind the wheel than behind the keyboard. I also plan on trying to stream more of this journey.

I would not mind a physical or virtual gift, I am not fussy at all :grin:

Secret Santa is the only time presents > presence!

3 Likes

Well this changed a lot in one year.

not playing gw2 anymore also can’t play heroes of the storm since stupid ping.So mostly playing games with a good netcode or single player games.

Mostly playing indie titles atm, busy with Indivisible and Tower defense games.
Also been switching my buys to GOG just don’t want all my games to be just on steam you never know~

2 Likes

Greetings MEW.

Not sure how to put this together I am a all round nerd I think. Love Anime ( All time Favorite One Piece, then after that hunter x hunter, Naruto, DBZ, Seven deadly sins, Code Geass, Fairy tail, Fullmetal … its a long list :D) , Starwars ( Currently watching all of them atm ), Star trek, Breaking Bad, GoT, anything interesting and thrilling to watch. Gamer and try to stream now and then but internet or PC giving me issues on that front. Im a PC gamer but love playing Retro games from time to time. I also love watching League of Legends, I prefer to watch the games than play as the stress of playing with 4 other random flamers puts me off the game, Favorite teams Cloud 9 and Fnatic. Thats my sport fix as I dont like watching any other sports. Plus my girlfriend and I both love watching the games. But the 5 game matches do get long.

Currently busy doing some Linux system administrator courses and moving to works network security thats a 5 year goal.

Hopefully that gives more information. I do hover alot on the forms and post now and then. :smiley:

4 Likes

FOR SCIENCE!

So to make this as painless as possible I’m just going to drop keywords of things I like in general…
(in no particular order)

• Airsoft
  • DnD
  • Rick & Morty
  • Top Gun
  • Marvel
  • Mad Max
  • Destiny (the game, not the stripper)
  • DBZ
  • Invader Zim
  • My Cats (well, one of them)
  • Ummm… and… stuff…

Additional info:
Shirt size - XXL
Shoe size - 11/12
Blood type - A+
Favourite colour - Black/Red

3 Likes

Update:

Currently hooked on Stardew valley, the co-op in this game adds so much to the experience (Think this is one of the few games I bought for multiple platforms - Yay PC/ Switch)

1 Like

Anime(https://myanimelist.net/profile/Donisia)
Animals
Geeky clothing
Swimming
Hair Stuff
Art anything
Manga
Gardening

2 Likes

Stuff:
Ice hockey stuff
spicy stuff
meat stuff
chewy stuff
sometimes sweet stuff
peanut butter stuff

Nope stuff (allergies):
Chocolate and berry stuff
(Tree) Nut stuff
various seeds stuff
avocado stuff

3 Likes

Based on these, I have come to the conclusion that murfle is either a dog or wants his secret santa to buy gifts for his dog. :dog:

7 Likes

I don’t have a dog.

/sniffground

4 Likes