The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Good morning everyone.

4 Likes

Good morning peoples!

How are you all today?

4 Likes

6/10, partly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms, kak maar oright, mood ring stuck on grey.

You?

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’m alright. Just struggling with some annoying code.

Have you gotten your tv situation sorted out yet?

2 Likes

Nope, the farce has gotten even more farcical, if that’s even possible.

They collected the wrong one on Thursday. I was told on Friday that the right TV is in the warehouse and would be sent as soon as the wrong one was received by them. Got email messages yesterday afternoon that the returned TV had been received. A minute later my account was credited, the return ticket was closed, and I got another email message saying the TV I ordered was not available: “Unfortunately the item that you wanted is not available and we have therefore credited your Takealot account.” :angry:

All of this while the exact TV I ordered is still listed as being In Stock on the website.

https://www.takealot.com/hisense-43-uhd-smart-tv-with-hdr-bluetooth/PLID72725797

Of course two weeks after I ordered it, it now costs R1000 more. So even if I wanted to be done with the incompetent, lying idiots in the Returns department and just make a whole new order from scratch, I can’t because I don’t have enough credit to cover the new price, and I sure as shit don’t have an extra R1000 to cover the new price. (Even if I did, I’d definitely not be giving it to Takealot.)

Someone who knows someone in a completely unrelated department at Takealot has offered to try and get someone vaguely competent there to intercede on my behalf and try to get it sorted. I’ve even suggested that, as a compromise, I’d accept an older model of the TV (at the same price I paid for the newer, of course). There’s currently 2 third-party resellers with listings for the older model on Takealot.

I’m going to give the contact of a contact a day or two to see if they can get anything resolved. If not, I’m not sure what I’ll do yet. Other than claim my refund and then close the account I’ve had there since the Kalahari.net days and never spend another cent on Takealot ever again - that I definitely will be doing if this isn’t sorted out soon.

(I’m already getting anxious thinking about the clusterfuck run around that getting paid a refund is sure to be.)

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that @GregRedd . Such things are horrible!

I’ve always had such good support from Takealot. It sucks that this happened and I hope it’s not how they are going to operate from now on.

And I hope you come right!

3 Likes

Morning

3 Likes

Generally I have too. But right now, every time I look at that listing and see the “Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns” line, I get a little sadder and a little saltier. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Have thankfully never had to return anything with takealot.

3 Likes

in case you were wondering what a Scot tastes like…

4 Likes

And so it starts:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/520606482489427
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/190898439738716

2 Likes

Does anyone have a recommendation for a company that does car licence renewals?

I just don’t feel like sitting in long queues at the moment

I’m doing mine through FNB. Costs freaken R200 though! But our post office is a nightmare so rather that I guess.

3 Likes

Dude the private guys ask R150, I will pay FNB the R200 any day for the convenience as well as speed.

@Deadlypinecone I cant remember where you are, I have a lady here in Bellville that does it

3 Likes

Also good news is sold all the items already for R4500, not bad I would say, considering my dad wanted to give it way for free

2 Likes

You should get a cut then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

BWAHAHAHAHAHA you are a funny man

I am even going to be doing the lifting to get it out of the office

2 Likes

So to share and commiserate with @GregRedd and the poor service delivery he’s experiencing. My fight with RSAWeb continues. They finally replied to my emails after some prodding on Twitter and have offered me a credit note of R100. Great right? Except the fact that the 50/50Mbps package I was supposed to be billed for is R150 less than the 100/100Mbps they billed me for.

It kind of feels like they didn’t even listen to the problem and gooi’d a R100 credit to get me off their back. So the saga continues - at least until I get my money back on the next invoice and then I can cancel and find an ISP with better support.

5 Likes

You should insist on a cut. Your dad is effectively retrenching you - are you receiving a severance package or anything? He wanted to give them away for free, so technically you took them (for free) then put in the effort to sell them, so it really should be your profit.

5 Likes