The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Dudes and dudettes! /tips hat

Applying for a membership card at our local library, I can’t even remember when last I went to a library. How bout ya’ll?

5 Likes

That is awesome, get one for each family member - that way you can get loads of dvds and books

2 Likes

Always went to the library. But they closed down for covid.

Now they opened up but don’t want to let people in. I mean thats the whole point I go in and browse.

2 Likes

Hmm its been

2 Likes

Did I imagine someone here mentioning that they or a SO worked for Amazon in CTown? Either way, anyone have any idea of what sort of salary this type of job would get? (Especially considering the “Most of our shifts are overnight and the shift assigned to you will likely require that you work over weekends and public holidays” bit.)

Also, with the big recruitment drive that Amazon have going on the moment (Amazon is hiring in South Africa (mybroadband.co.za)) is there any chance that we might see an amazon.co.za site eventually and SA-based fulfillment centres to bring some competition to takealot and let Amazon expand into the continent?

3 Likes

As much as I’d like to see some real competition, I’d rather it not be Amazon. And with CCMA here, would Amazon actually be able to operate? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Im curious to know as well since I am strongly considering it - keep in mind the work is night shifts for the most part.

But they are here to say with their Amazon Village coming soon:

2 Likes

We’re needing to go return some books today. We started going to our local library once libraries were reopened. The kids love it.

4 Likes

RIP Old Girl :cry:
We took her in to be put to sleep, she was 13 and a half, had heart issues, loads of back issues and was just struggling for the past few months. So we had to take her in. It’s the only part I hate about having dogs.

9 Likes

So sad, even when it’s expected. Big hugs to you and the family.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear @Wyvern!

@GregRedd: I might have mentioned a friend and her SO both working for Amazon - they are in fact relocating to Seattle now. Movin’ on up!

4 Likes

We have our sprint review coming up shorty, so I thought I would make a little illustration to present to go along with it, given the announcement last week…

3 Likes

My condolences. Much hugs. :cry:

4 Likes

My wife works for amazon

5 Likes

Does anyone have suggestions on where to market my natural skin care products that i make, i dont have enough irl friends to do market research so thought id ask here :rofl:

2 Likes

FAcebook market? Also see if you have local fleamarkets that you can attend

1 Like

Most fleamarkets around me are on a saturday :sweat_smile: which i already work on so its abit of a fail

2 Likes

Good Evening :wave:

3 Likes

Morning you sexy fuckers :mechanical_arm:

A day closer to the weekend

4 Likes

Morning y’all :wave:

3 Likes