The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Morning

4 Likes

How does she find it? I was eyeing up a couple of their devops positions, but I reaaally don’t want to work for them specifically.

3 Likes

Morning people of the palace

See at this point I will work for Amazon if it means a steady paycheck

3 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking, and maybe they can work out a work permit for me…

But when it comes down to it, I don’t think it’s worth selling my soul for.

2 Likes

hahaha I will sell my soul at this point for a job offer that pays more than R10k a month - that is the highest offer I have had thusfar

2 Likes

i will also happily sell my soul for a steady paycheck where the boss is not a corrupt indivual. Also i got a call form a perspective employer last week and they were all excited about how perfect i am for the position only for them to tell me the salary is R6k ctc. I laughed at them and told them im a senior legal secretary with paralegal experience. im worth 4 x times that much at a minimum. But that is lawyers for you.

5 Likes

Good morning everyone.

4 Likes

Sometimes it’s just nice to relax, remove yourself from technology and just colour in… even as an adult, I still colour in from time to time.

2 Likes

Lol, just had a outraged call from one of our fabricators. He was waiting in line at Millpark for his vaccine and when he heard that people have been waiting in line for 9 hours he turned around and left.

2 Likes

At least he wants the vaccine, Im going to sign up for mine when I can. Parents doesn’t want to, so not sure if I should stay with them when I get the shot.

1 Like

Our vaccine rollout is a complete farce, the government and department of health should be ashamed. That we still haven’t managed to get all our healthcare workers vaccinated yet is just disgusting. The very people the rest of us are going to be relying on to administer our vaccines can’t even get vaccinated themselves. And we’re going to start vaccinating seniors from Monday? Gogos and madalas and oupas and oumas are going to waiting in those queues? What a joke.

ETA - how is a fabricator eligible for a vaccine now anyway?

3 Likes

I don’t know. Discovery? We mocked him for jumping the queue.

Also I know it is a 9 hour wait because our accountants wife is a nurse and she waiting in line 9 hours yesterday.

3 Likes

Do you have to work for a legal firm though? With good administrative and management skills you obviously racked up, you can easily get a job as an office manager / project management assistant / recruiter in the IT market. My sister-in-law is also a senior legal secretary and has been at the same company now for 20 years and she’s moving to the IT industry soon.

3 Likes

Ja I can do those thngs and have been applying for positions like that. My problem is I have only worked at smaller firms and haven’t had much project management anything.
I’m actually looking at legal administrator positions as well.

3 Likes

My wife also had a Hella long wait. She was on shift, though, so she came and went. The next morning she waited in the queue for a couple of hours in her post call, sleep deprived state, when another doctor came around and rushed her to the front.

3 Likes

Howdy, folks. What a mad few days it’s been. Just checking in to say hi!

Sorry about your doggo, @Wyvern. That is the day I dread the most.

4 Likes

Good Friday morning!

4 Likes

Morning ya’ll.

So my sister is getting married today, not sure how I feel about it, honestly.

4 Likes

Do the chicken dance. You’ll feel better.

Seriously though, congrats to your sister. Are you at least cool with her fiancé?

4 Likes

Yeah, met her fiancé recently when we went to Durbs, sadly we aren’t able to attend the ceremony. She’s really cool and it’s great that they make each other happy. Though I’ve never had a problem per say with her life style, now that she is getting married, I am not sure I can support it.

4 Likes