The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

I have words I cant use here…

3 Likes

But freedom?

And I’m back from medicals.

2 Likes

Awesome dude. My shoes have seen better days. Will post when the light is good.

2 Likes

We, in Witbank, are doing our part by not having any power since 16:30. You’re welcome.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Morning

3 Likes

Good morning! :wave: It is Wednesday my Dudes and Dudettes! :frog:

Make it a fangtastic one! :vampire:

3 Likes

Morning people of the palace

Can i get more sleep please

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

Also I had to do another bloody covid test yesterday. Because Gauteng is now a ‘hotspot’.

Also just thinking I see a lot of digging for fibre again. @SIGSTART what happened to telkoms plan to remove copper lines? They where going to cut everyone off and move them to fibre in November last year. Have they started but are going suburb by suburb instead of disconnecting everyone at once.

3 Likes

Something changed at Openserve and they decided to be less aggressive about digging up the copper in areas where it still works and doesn’t get stolen.

Instead, they decided to offer naked DSL and now you can get 40Mbps DSL via Openserve for cheaper than 10Mbps from Vumatel (if you have the choice in your area)!

5 Likes

Has anyone made us of this ChatBack (https://www.chatback.co.za/) service for renewing your vehicle license?

I see a lot of concerns over it on news sites, but those dat back to last year. Hello Peter reviews seems to very positive to my surprise.

Can anyone weigh in here, perhaps @sigstart has some insight to share?

3 Likes

I used FNB last year. It was quite a bit more expensive but when I wanted to do it myself the queues were so long and with COVID and everything it was totally worth it.

5 Likes

I also used FNB - I rather pay the R150 extra and let them do it for me.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve used FNB too but sadly I have far gone the period that FNB deems allowable in order to renew.

4 Likes

Yeah, I have no qualms paying the extra to avoid that kak, hence why my inquiry about Chat Back. Looks like I may have to wait for my annual bonus to be able to afford it in any event.

3 Likes

I can send you details of someone who did my parents ones, I think it was R150 as well she is a private person and you pay her only when she is done

3 Likes

That’d be swell, please do send that to me, I would appreciate it.

3 Likes

To add to that, I got a “free” speed upgrade on my VDSL to 40mb a couple weeks ago.

Very helpful as now noone wants to bring me fibre since Link Africa started running into trouble.

4 Likes

Done :smiley:

3 Likes

Different day, same tweet:

2 Likes