The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Interesting . . I will have to see if we have interwebs at home, I am with WA on openserve at work and we still have webs

2 Likes

On Frogfoot here and Afrihost as ISP, no issues my end.

3 Likes

Looks like it was isolated to mainly a Vumatel issue in the Joburg area. Just heard it’s been resolved, thankfully. Will check when back at home a little later.

3 Likes

Free standing house or complex?

1 Like

my network is suddenly blocking anydesk… wtf?

1 Like

Corporate network?

I can understand that.

2 Likes

no, fking home network, yesterday at around 4-5 in the afternoon, my anydesk disconnected, thinking it would be temporary or just an internet problem I though it would just start working again in the morning. It has not come back, I only now had time to troubleshoot a little, and as far as I can tell it is my network, as my phone works fine when on mobile data, but once I switch to wifi on my network, anydesk no longer works. We use anydesk at work, and it worked fine there as well.

Going to wait until my dad is off the network, then just going to restart the fibre box and router to see if anything happens.

3 Likes

Good idea. Could be a stale DNS entry even…

Seems our wispy WISP is having some issues of their own

2 Likes

yeah my first though was DNS, but changing from 8.8.8.8 to 1.1.1.1 on my PC did nothing, so going for the entire reset now to see what happens

2 Likes

Does changing the DNS automatically flush the local cache?

Hopefully the great reset helps

2 Likes

Omelette came out the pan, and the power cuts. That is the perfect amount of fuel for the race :checkered_flag:

2 Likes

Usually not immediately. You usually need to yank the ethernet cable out/in of the pc (or do a ipconfig /flushdns if you wanna look cool) to refresh the dns in most cases.

I regularly need to change dns from auto to 8.8.8.8 to bypass the school network im on, so i can watch certain youtube vids. it doesnt happen until i yank and replug the cable :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m kind of surprised a change in cable state would clear a DNS cache but changing the actual DNS servers doesn’t.

Oh wait, I’m not surprised.

2 Likes

Our power didn’t come on again after loadshedding this morning. So at the office now. Only a skeleton crew here because some co-workers have COVID.

4 Likes

also, why don’t youtube videos buffer the full length of the video?

4 Likes

Hey all … moer hot again today. Luckily not feeling any after effects from the vaccine but man I thought the cool would be around a little longer :frowning:

3 Likes

Keep the heat, this winter is already unseasonably warm

1 Like

23c, dying over here … did get my first present today though, makes up for it a bit

3 Likes

Ok now I hate you again :stuck_out_tongue:

today is what I am calling a woooooooooooooooooosa day

Im so close to murder its not even funny

1 Like

Lol, I remember those days well. Lots of bloody woooosaaaa needed back there :smile:

2 Likes